This article explains Vidyard's Responsive Embed Code (aka. Embed Code 4.0). The article details some of its key features, how to share using the embed code, as well as how to append query strings to change player settings.
- The Responsive Embed code is responsive out-of-the-box. As long as your embed location has a responsive containing element, the embed code will automatically conform to the dimension of your webpage.
- Built-in Player API
- Use the Vidyard Player API after the embed code to manipulate the behavior of the player
How to use the Responsive Embed Code
Note: If you do not already have access to use The Responsive Embed Code, contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to enable to the feature.
- From the Vidyard dashboard, click Content > Players
- Hover of a player and select Settings > Share
- Click Copy Code next to the Responsive Embed option
- Choose to specify a fixed height and width
- The same code is used to embed an inline and lightbox player. Simply select the Lightbox option. This will change a portion of the script from
Using query strings
As with the previous embed code, you can use query strings to manipulate player settings.
The same types of query strings are useable. However, with the Responsive Embed, simply add
data-, and then the parameter and a value to the embed code in order to append a query string.
data-autoplay="1" data-second="67" data-cc="fr" data-chapter="2"
See our article on how to use query strings for further examples.