Note: the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new documentation for up-to-date information.
General Settings is where you can control your player's behavior, set the player metadata (the player name, description, and tags), and find your player id information.
Note: Player settings give you control over each player you create. If you make a change to the player settings, your changes will apply to all current and future embed locations. These settings impact individual players — if you instead want to choose the default settings for your future players, see Default Player Settings.
Find a player's settings
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Players
- Hover of a player, then click Settings
- Within the Settings tab, ensure that you've selected General.
Name and description
Add a name and description for your player. This information will be used to organize your content in your Vidyard Platform, and will be visible on your sharing pages and Video Hub if you have one.
Player Name: Add a title for your player. (Character limit: 250)
Player Description: Describe the contents of the player. (Character limit: 5000)
Tag your player
Add tags to organize your content into broad, general categories and associate keywords with your player.
- Type any terms that you want to add to the player as tags into the Tags field, then press Enter.
- You can do this for as many tags as you want.
- There character limit of 100 for tags.
- Tags for this player will be listed underneath the Tags field.
- To remove a tag, click X on that tag.
Toggle the ON/OFF switches to turn on or off the features below, then click Save Changes.
- Autoplay: This causes the video to play automatically when the player loads (subject to limitation of browser and mobile devices).
- Disable pausing: Prevent viewers from pausing the video.
- Mute by default: Mute the player by default. Viewers will have to unmute it to hear audio.
- Show "Up Next": A small box displays on the player in the final 5 seconds of the video, showing which video is up next in the playlist.
- Sharing Page: Enables the player's sharing page.
- Comments on sharing page: Allows viewers to comment on a player's sharing page.
- Hide Playlist: Hides the playlist button on the player so viewers can not expand and toggle through the playlist.
- Disable Default Events: Your Default Events will not be added to new players.
- Disable Legacy Mode: If enabled, this player will not load in unsupported browsers. Otherwise, the player will play with limited functionality.
Learn about how Vidyard players act in unsupported browsers.
- Enable Playback Speed Controls: Adds playback speed option to the player. Playback can be set to 0.5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x or 2x speed.
Note: Playback speed does not impact player analytics. Engagement data is measured based on seconds watched, not the amount of time spent during playback.
On Player Completion Options
Use the Action on player completion dropdown menu to specify how the player should behave once it reaches the end of the video (or the last video in a playlist).
- Thumbnail: display the player thumbnail. The play button and control bar remain active so that view may continue to interact with the player.
- Loop: automatically initiate playback from the beginning of the first video in the player
- Vidyard will only collect analytics for the first time the video(s) play through
- Redirect URL: specify a URL to which the viewer will be redirected. The specified URL will appear within the dimensions of the player as an iframe.
- Toggle Redirect Whole Page to take the viewer from the current page to the specified URL.
- Final Frame: hold the video (or last video in a playlist) at its final frame. The control bar remains active so that the viewer may continue to interact with the player.
Note: If the video in your player (or the last video in a playlist) contains a post-roll event, the On Player Completion options will not initiate until the viewer can somehow skip or end the event.
Post-roll events can be set as Skippable within the Event Library.
The General Settings section is where your player identifiers live. This includes your Player UUID and your Player ID.
The Player UUID is a unique code for your player which is used in URL's and embed codes to specify which player is being shared. Learn more about how UUID's work here.
The Player ID is the reference code for your player that can be used by developers using the Vidyard Dashboard API.
Once you've made your changes click Save Changes.