There are a several common problems that users of the Vidyard GoVideo app may encounter as a result of their browser version, internet connection, or conflict with your local environmental.
This articles outlines and compiles basic troubleshooting steps and information across four categories where technical problems may arise:
- video playback
- recording and uploading
- microphone and camera
- GoVideo sharing pages
For a baseline understanding of how GoVideo should function, see our documentation on using the GoVideo app.
There are several errors common to most video players on the internet that users may encounter. Each indicates a different reason for why playback was interrupted.
Recording and uploading
Because the video file is provided to Vidyard by the browser, most problems with recording or uploading videos are a result of internet connection or an allocation of system resources.
Microphone and camera
In order for GoVideo to use a camera and microphone (whether internal or external to your computer), ensure that you have granted your browser permissions to access these inputs. In almost all cases, problems with camera and microphone inputs can be resolved in your browser settings.
- Required camera and mic permissions by browser
- Why are my camera and microphone not working with Govideo?
- This article is specific to the GoVideo Chrome extension; however, it does provide a deeper dive into problems encountered with camera and microphone permissions while using Chrome. The troubleshooting steps are applicable to the GoVideo app all the same.
GoVideo recordings are viewed by recipients on a sharing page. Sharing pages are Vidyard-branded by default but may be configured to have custom branding for users who belong to a GoVideo Enterprise organization.
GoVideo free users have no control over the design or settings of their sharing page. GoVideo Enterprise users typically inherit a branded sharing page from the parent group of the Enterprise organization of which they are a member.
- How to set up a sharing page (set by Vidyard platform users)
- Why can I not see the branding on my sharing page?
- Can the GoVideo logo on the sharing page be removed?
- Why is my GoVideo group not inheriting the branded sharing page?
See the following two articles for further information on the GoVideo app's supported functionality by browser.