Vidyard for Outlook has the ability to use a webcam, in order to record videos for sending to prospects
When you try to record, the webcam used is defaulting to the internal 'built in' one, which is likely to reproduce a lower quality recording.
We are unable to provide a solution in Outlook to switch to a different camera
You will need to disable the internal camera through the Windows Control Panel.
Note: The assumption here is that this webcam is redundant for other tasks as it has been replaced by the external equipment
In Windows 7:
- Open Device Manager from the Control Panel.
- With Device Manager open, locate the webcam device you want to disable.
- After finding the webcam that you want to disable, right click on the hardware's name (or icon) and choose Properties.
- In this Properties window, click the Driver tab.
- Click Disable, located near the bottom of the window.
- You will prompted with a message that says "Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it?"
- Click Yes.
This webcam is now disabled and Outlook will use the external device.