Campaign Monitor is a platform designed to send marketing campaigns, with the option to embed video.
When you paste a sharing page link into the video option, the software will return an Invalid Format error, suggesting that the link is not Vimeo or YouTube.
Campaign Monitor has placed this video restriction within their software.
The solution is to embed an image of the thumbnail and then link this image to the sharing page.
1. In Vidyard, go to the sharing page for the player, press the Email tab and then copy the link shown after
src= and ending with
2. Copy that link into a browser address bar and press Enter. This should display the splash-screen image with a play button. Right click and save this to your machine.
3. Head back to the share page in Vidyard and copy the link shown after
4. Now head back over to Campaign Monitor. Instead of adding a 'Video', choose a new 'Image'.
5. Choose the splash screen image that you have downloaded to your machine.
6. You should see the splash screen with a play button in the preview. Now paste the URL into the 'Link' box and add your Alt text.
This completes the process.