The Dashboard API provides the ability to manipulate video assets and control administration within Vidyard groups. The Player API is used on a webpage to enable programming ability for differing playback experiences.
This article will be referring to gathering information via the Dashboard API.
In the example below, we will use a program called Postman to make a 'GET' request in order to gather information about the players in a group. A GET request is used to take a snapshot of the information from your group, but does not adjust anything.
In the Dashboard API list, you will see other options such as POST, PUT and DELETE. These are the options which have the ability to change the data, such as uploading new videos, changing titles or removing players.
The request we will be using is 'GET https://api.vidyard.com/dashboard/v1/players.'
1. Download Postman from and install to your machine.
2. Once installed and the program is opened, choose to create a new request. In the screenshot below, we use the 'Test' for both the Request and Folder name. Then press Save to (Test).
2. Next, paste 'GET https://api.vidyard.com/dashboard/v1/players' into the top address bar section. This will ensure that the drop-down is set to GET and the URL is set correctly.
3. Then, click Headers and select 'Content-Type' as the Key and 'application/json' as the Value. This will be the same across all of the dashboard API requests.
4.Next, click on Params and type 'auth_token' into the Key column. The value will need to be gathered from your Vidyard group in the following step.
5. When in Vidyard, ensure you are in the correct group and click on Group > Integrations
6. Click on the Show Token button for the Admin role (or any of the others with read access) and copy the Token text
7. Head back to Postman and paste this value into the Value column and press Send
8. The data will appear in the bottom panel. The Pretty tab will present the data in a readable format but Raw is required for converting JSON to CSV in the next step. Copy all of the data in this box so it is ready to use.
9. Go to the URL http://www.convertcsv.com/json-to-csv.htm and paste the text into the Option 3 'paste' box and press one of the Generate output options.
Important: If you have sensitive information within your Group, please note that this is making use of a third party tool and we cannot control what data is saved on their server/how they use this data.
10. This will download your Excel file with the data from your group and completes the process.