Adding a scheduled release date to your videos allows you to control precisely when your content becomes available to viewers.
When you schedule a video for release, viewers may still access the page where your video is located, but the video itself will not be available until the scheduled time. Instead, a countdown sequence lets your viewers know when the video is scheduled to play.
The video will automatically begin to play for anyone on the page when the countdown reaches zero.
Scheduling is a great way to promote a video ahead of its release or to create anticipation on a landing page prior to an event or special announcement.
Want to schedule when your videos publish to YouTube or Facebook?
- This feature requires a subscription to the Starter, Professional, or Enterprise plan
- You must belong to a Team with the Edit advanced video settings permission enabled
Select a video from your library
- Select the Library button from the dashboard menu
- Click on the title of a video to open the edit page
Schedule a time and date
- Click on the Settings tab, then select Scheduled Video
- Click on the Schedule button
- Use the calendar tool to select a date and enter a time of day
- Note: Vidyard uses the system time on your computer to determine the timezone in which the release date is set. For example, if your computer's clock is set to use Eastern Standard Time, the scheduled date and time for your video will also be set in EST.
You can always update the time and date that you've scheduled for a video so long as it remains a time in the future.
You can also select the delete button (the trash can icon) to remove the scheduled time and date at anytime. As a result, the video will then be available for viewers to watch wherever it has been shared.
Scheduling a playlist for release
Playlists inherit the majority of their behavior from the settings applied to individual videos in the list, including the option to schedule a release.
You can schedule a playlist for release by setting a time and date on any of the videos that belong to the list.
Note: if you set a schedule on more than one video that belongs to a playlist, Vidyard will use the time and date that is set the furthest in the future.
- From your library, click on the title of a playlist
- Select a video from the playlist to open its edit page
- Under Settings > Schedule Video, use the calendar tool to set a time and date for release