The Vidyard for YouTube integration allows you to easily share videos to your various YouTube channels.
When you push a video to YouTube, Vidyard uploads a copy of the video to your channel and links the two videos together.
The Link to YouTube option is used when the same video in Vidyard and YouTube has not yet been associated. This can happen for a number of reasons.
For example, you may have:
- Uploaded the same video to Vidyard and YouTube separately
- Downloaded a video from YouTube in order to upload to Vidyard (and now want to associate the two together)
- The link to between a video that was originally pushed to YouTube from Vidyard needs to be re-synced
When videos are linked, any updates made to the video attributes, thumbnail or captions in Vidyard will be copied to YouTube. You will also receive view counts in Vidyard for linked videos on your YouTube channels.
- Your account must have the YouTube push feature enabled
- You must connect a YouTube channel to Vidyard
- Belong to a role with the Push to YouTube permission enabled
Link a video
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Videos (all of your uploaded videos are available here)
- Hover over the video that you want to link to its counterpart in YouTube, then click Settings
- Scroll down to the YouTube section, then click Push to this Channel next to the channel where the video in YouTube exists
- Make sure to update the Push Settings for your video. These options ensure that any time the video is updated in Vidyard, the same changes are applied in YouTube.
- Select the Link to YouTube tab
- Vidyard will automatically search your YouTube channel the matching video
- If the video does not appear, select Advanced Search for further options or provide a direct link to the video on YouTube
- Click on the video that you want to link, then select Link to the selected video