Note:the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new articles for up-to-date information.
Access codes allows you add a password to a player in order to control who can view your video content and when. You might use an access code to:
- Limit access to internal videos.
- Keep in-flight content private for review by a small audience.
- Allow only paid subscribers or fans access to limited edition content.
Access codes can be configured to expire after a period of time and you can limit the number of times an access code can be used.
You can also allow users to request access to a player. Each request will be submitted by email, which can be approved or denied.
- Edit Players role permission
Create an access code
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Players
- Hover your cursor over the player that you want to restrict with an access code, then click Security.
- Under the Security tab, click Access Control
- Select + New Access Code
- Enter an access code of your choice (6-15 characters)
- Optionally, enter an expiry date, then click Apply. If you leave this field blank, the code will not automatically expire.
- Optionally, enter the maximum number of times that an access code can be used.
- Click Save
Allow viewers to request access
You may also allow viewers to request access to your video. This can be used in combination with a set of access codes, so some viewers may enter the correct password while others might request permission to watch your video.
When a viewer requests access, the selected moderator receives an email to approve the request. If approved, the viewer will receive an email with a special tokenized link to view the video.
If you have added a whitelist to automatically approve viewers from a specific domain, they will receive an approval email with the tokenized link automatically.
- Under the player security Access Control tab, check Allow users without an access code to request viewing access
- Use the dropdown to select a moderator
- Moderators receive an email with the request for an access code
- The moderator can be any user within your Vidyard organization
- Configure any optionally settings:
- Select a display name for incoming access code request emails that the moderate will receive.
- Create a custom approval message. This message will notify the requestor that an access code has been granted
- Create a custom denial message. This message will notify the requestor that an access code has not been granted.
- Add a set of whitelisted domains that will automatically receive approval upon request. For example, any requests from "vidyard.com" receives automatic approval, while all others require manual review
- Enter a number in the Max Uses field to set to the number of times a generated access code can be used.
- Click Save Changes