Access codes are a security mechanism that allow you control who can view a player and when. For example, you might use an access code to:
- Limit access to internal videos.
- Keep in-flight content private for review by a small audience.
- Allow only paid subscribers or fans access to limited edition content.
Access codes can be configured to expire after a period of time and you can limit the number of times an access code can be used.
You can also allow users to request an access to player. Each request will be submitted by email, which can be approved or denied.
- Edit Players role permission
Create an access code
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Players
- Hover your cursor over the player that you want to restrict with an access code, then click Security.
- Under the Security tab, click Access Control
- Select + New Access Code
- Enter an 6-15 character, alphanumeric access code
- Optionally, enter an expiry date, then click Apply. If you leave this field blank, the code will not automatically expire.
- Optionally, enter the maximum number of times that an access code can be used.
- Click Save
Allow viewers to request access
You may configure a player such that viewers must request access in order to watch your content.
The Request Access Manager can be used in combination with a set access code(s) OR as a stand-alone restriction, requiring all potential viewers to request permission before playback is granted.
- Under the player security Access Control tab, check Allow users without an access code to request viewing access
- Use the dropdown to select a moderator
- Moderators receive an email with the request for an access code
- The moderator can be any user within your Vidyard organization
- Configure any optionally settings:
- Select a display name for incoming access code request emails that the moderate will receive.
- Create a custom approval message. This message will notify the requestor that an access code has been granted
- Create a custom denial message. This message will notify the requestor that an access code has not been granted.
- Add a set of whitelisted domains that will automatically receive approval upon request. For example, any requests from "vidyard.com" receives automatic approval, while all others require manual review.
- Enter a number in the Max Uses field to set to the number of times a generated access code can be used.
- Click Save Changes