To set up Vidyard for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), make sure you have these requirements before you start:
- AEM Administrator permissions
- AEM feature enabled in Vidyard (talk to your Account Manager if you want to enable this feature)
- Download the Vidyard for AEM zip file.
Note: It is recommended that an AEM administrator or developer should perform this setup.
Install Vidyard for AEM package
- Log in to Adobe Experience Mangager.
- Navigate to the CRX Package Manager page.
- Click Upload Package.
- Click Browse, and open VidyardForAEM-content-1.0.0.zip from your file browser (download link in the requirements section above)
- Click OK.
- The Vidyard for AEM package will appear at the top of your package list.
- Click Install.
- In the Install Package dialog box, click Install.
The package is now installed!
Confirm that the package was installed properly
- Navigate to CRXDE Lite.
- Expand the apps folder.
- The installed files will appear in a folder named Vidyard.
Configure the Vidyard for AEM package:
- Navigate to the AEM Web Console.
- Use Ctrl-F or Cmd-F to search for com.vidyard.aem – Service Configuration.
- Click the + button.
- Obtain your API token for the group(s) in Vidyard that you want to connect to AEM.
- Return to AEM and paste the API token into the "API Keys" field.
- Click the + button to add additional API keys.
- Click Save.
Add and configure the Vidyard component to an AEM page in design mode.
Now that things are install and configured, you can add the Vidyard Component to an AEM page.
Optionally, to test the component first:
- Navigate to Sites.
- Under + Create, click Create Page.
- Select Vidyard Player Template, then click Next.
- Give the page a name and title.
- Click Create.
To add the Vidyard component to a page:
- Open the site page (either the test page, or the page where you want to add the Vidyard component).
- In the top toolbar, switch from Edit to Design mode.
- Select the parent area of the section where you want to add the Vidyard component.
- Click the configuration Wrench icon above that section.
- Under the Allowed Components section, expand the General list.
- Scroll to the Vidyard Player component, and click the checkbox to enable it.
- Click OK.
- Vidyard videos can now be added to this section in Edit mode. Learn how to add a Vidyard player to this section!