The Vidyard player operates on a security transmission protocol called TLS 1.2.
Vidyard players may fail to load if you are using a browser that operates on previous TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1.
This article details:
- The operating system and browser combinations that do not support TLS 1.2; and,
- The scenarios where browser settings can be changed to support TLS 1.2.
OS and browsers that do not support TLS 1.2
Playback may fail when loading a Vidyard player on the following operating system and browser combinations:
OS and browsers where TLS 1.2 needs to be enabled
If using any of the following, TLS 1.2 needs to be enabled in order to allow playback:
|Windows 7||Internet Explorer versions 8, 9, 10|
|Windows 8||Internet Explorer versions 10|
Note: if using Google Chrome or Firefox, TLS 1.2 is enabled by default when using versions above v29 (Chrome) and v26 (Firefox).
Steps to enable TLS 1.2
Open Internet Explorer and complete the following steps:
- In the upper, right-hand corner of the browser, select either the gear icon or the the tools menu (which ever appears for your version of IE).
- Click Internet Options
- In the window that appears, select the Advanced tab
- Scroll down to the security section; find and click Use TLS 1.2
- Click Apply, then Okay.