Both Vidyard subgroups and GoVideo Enterprise users may inherit the branded sharing page (styling and settings) from the parent group of the organization to which they belong.
In some scenarios, users may find that the sharing page on which their video displays has not assumed the custom branding or settings of the sharing page from the parent group.
This articles outlines some basic steps to troubleshoot steps to resolve the problem.
When navigating to a video sharing page, the player will display on a webpage which does not match the design of the Branded Sharing Page in the Vidyard parent group.
This issue can be caused by a lack of connection to the parent account (feature configuration, settings being overridden, etc.), or by the sharing page being disabled.
- In some cases, you may be attempting to view a player that has had the Sharing page setting disabled. Check both the General Player Settings for the specific player, as well as the Default Player Settings to ensure that the player is configured to be watched on a sharing page.
- In situations where the Branded Sharing Page settings have been overridden:
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Channels > Sharing Page
- Select the Settings tab
- Click on the Delete (trash can) button. This will allow the group (or GoVideo account) to re-inherit the branded sharing page layout from the parent group.
- If none of the previous options solve your issue, please contact your account CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your account settings.