Vidyard’s partnership with Salesforce brings you meaningful viewership statistics along with a simple way to share videos with your leads, contacts, and users.
Send a Vidyard email to reach contacts and nurture leads from within the familiar Salesforce interface or securely share videos to Chatter. View Vidyard’s data analytics in Salesforce to measure how much of your content has been watched by each individual and gauge the effectiveness of your video material.
What data does Vidyard write to Salesforce?
Depending on the page layouts in Salesforce to which the Vidyard Video Views object has been added, you'll be able to access viewer analytics for your individual leads, contacts and users inside of Salesforce. This allows you to measure the effectiveness of your video assets by examining data such as:
|Views:||The number of times a prospect watched a video|
|Seconds Watched:||The total number of seconds a prospect watched a video (includes seconds re-watched within the same session)|
|Video Amount Watched:||The percentage of unique seconds within a video that a prospect watched|
|Date:||The date a prospect watched a video|
|Name:||The name of the video|
|Video UUID:||The unique internal ID associated with a video|
|Video ID:||The unique external ID associated with a video|
|Group Names:||The name of the organization (or group) within Vidyard where the video resides|
|Player Name:||The name of the player that contains the video|
|Player UUID:||The unique ID associated with a player|
|View ID:||The ID associated with the data set that is generated each time the player loads|
|Embed URL:||Indicates the embed location from which a view occurred|
|Custom Attributes:||Any custom metadata that has been associated with a Vidyard player. (Note: see our article for more information about custom attributes)|
Finding Video View Data
Note: The Vidyard Video View object can be added to several different page layouts in Salesforce. Depending on where the Vidyard object has been added, video view data will be available through the steps indicated below:
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Click on Leads or Contacts to open either database (depending on whether a video view has been added to an existing contact or generated a new lead record.
- Select an individual contact or lead to review video view data.
- Alternatively, to review video view data for an internal user, access a User Profile using Salesforce Lightning.
- Hover over the Video Views link to see a summary of their video data.
- Select any individual video view to see the complete set of available data in a related list.
- If a user's email address exists as both a lead and a contact in Salesforce, Vidyard will write view data to both the Lead and Contact record.
- Vidyard creates new leads for email addresses identified by an email gate or vyemail string that do not already exist in Salesforce. New leads are both "created by" and "owned by" the Salesforce user who established the OAuth connection with Vidyard.
- If you would like video view data written to only leads and contacts that already exist in Salesforce, speak with your Customer Success Manager to exercise this option.