Default events are added to all players within a certain group. Default events may not appear due to the content being blocked (more typical of HTTP/HTTPS conflicts), default events being overridden at the individual player level or players being created in a different subgroup than where the default event is set up.
There are a few solutions that could be affecting the event:
- HTTP/HTTPS conflicts
- Double check your event for content being hosted on an HTTP URL.
- Content on an HTTP page can be either in https or HTTP format though https pages must have links in https
- These conflicts can typically be seen in the browser console logs in the format: Mixed Content: The page at '[current webpage url]' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource '[insecure URL]'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
- Default events are overridden at parent level
- Adding a Pre or Post-roll event directly to a player will override default events that would normally appear at these positions
- Player with the Event is not the player being watched
- Services like GoVideo Enterprise and some third-party integrations like Salesloft or Gmail allow for the creation of a player at the time of sending an email. These players are created inside of your Personal Account inside of Vidyard and are impacted by the defaults of this group.
- Content recorded or added through Salesforce will be created in a Guest group inside of Vidyard
- Double check to make sure that the group your content is created in, has the default event set up