This guide will demonstrate how to add the Vidyard video component to Salesforce page layouts in order to enable video sharing through Chatter.
Note: Before completing these steps you must have already completed the steps found on the Connect Vidyard to Salesforce article. If you have not already done this, do so before you proceed.
- Vidyard account
- Salesforce integration option for Vidyard
- Salesforce Group, Professional or Enterprise/Platform/Unlimited
- Salesforce Chatter required for Chatter video sharing
- Administrator access to Salesforce
- Vidyard for Salesforce application package version 1.12
- Canvas app access for Chatter feed and publisher
- Steps found on Connect Vidyard to Salesforce have been completed.
Note: If you are unsure if you have Canvas app access for Chatter feed and publisher, contact Vidyard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Video to the Chatter Publisher
Adding the Vidyard video component to your Chatter Publisher will allow your users to share videos in Chatter.
Important: Not all layouts are created equal. Where you place the video component will depend on your existing layout and your organizational preferences.
For example, the below instructions indicate how to add the Vidyard video component to global pages (like the home page or your personal chatter). You may also choose to configure group layouts or any other object to have the video component active there as well.
To add Vidyard to Chatter, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Create > Global Actions > Publisher Layouts.
Note: If you’re missing the Publisher Layouts option, you’ll need to enable publisher actions on the Chatter settings screen.
- Select a layout and click Edit.
- Drag the Video action to the desired location in the layout.
- Click Save.
Once the components are added to the layouts, you’re done! Your Salesforce account is now Vidyard-enabled and your team is ready to begin sending leads and contacts your video assets.
Assign page layouts to profiles
Depending on your organizational preferences, you may require that only some users have access to the Vidyard video component. In this case, ensure that the video component is added to page layouts that have only been assigned to your desired user profiles.
- Open the page layout(s) that have been configured with or without the Vidyard video component.
- Select Page Layout Assignment to assign to separate profiles