The CSV upload feature allows you to invite multiple users to a Vidyard group at the same time. This is particularly useful for administrators who need to add a large number of users to specific groups and roles within their organization.
Note: Configure your role and user permissions before inviting users to a group. This will help you to avoid unnecessarily moving users around after they have been added.
Create a CSV file
- To create a CSV file, select the Group tab on the main menu, then select Groups and Users.
- Select Manage next to the group or sub-group to which you wish to invite users.
- At the top of the page, select Download CSV Template.
- Open the CSV template. You should notice two columns: a column entitled email and a column entitled role.
- Enter the email addresses of the users you want to invite. Next to each email address, specify the role within the group to which each user should be added.
- Save the CSV file to your computer.
Note: the fields within the CSV template are case insensitive. However, do ensure that the role specified within the CSV matches the spelling of the role name in your group.
For example, if the role in your group is titled "User", the role entered in the CSV should be "user".
Upload a CSV file
Once your CSV file is complete, select Upload a CSV file to invite users to your group.
Each email address in the CSV file should then receive an invitation to your group and a request to create a password.
You should also receive an upload report indicating the following:
- the number of invitations sent
- any errors encountered
- any users skipped during the upload process (email addresses already associated with a user within your organization will not receive an invitation to your group).
Users are successfully added to your group once the email invitation is accepted and a password created.