Track real-time analytics and viewers during your stream with the live stream dashboard. You can use this dashboard to manage and end the Vidyard Live player, track QoE (quality of experience) data, as well as a variety of real-time data about the viewers who are watching your stream.
To access the Dashboard:
- From the Vidyard dashboard, hover over the player that contains your live stream, then click Settings.
- Click >Live Stream.
Note: If you don’t see the Live Stream button, make sure you have added a Live Stream video to your player.
On the Live Stream Dashboard, you have access to a variety of real-time analytics which you can use to monitor your viewers and their experience during the stream.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Credentials: The credentials button gives you quick access to your Live Stream credentials and optimization options. Here you can also choose to change the air date of the live stream players.
- Close Channel: Will end a current stream and create a new on-demand asset. The player's streaming credentials will remain active until you click End the Live Stream.
- End Stream: After your stream ends on the Live Stream Broadcast side, click End Stream to immediately cut the feed to your viewers. This will avoid any dead space at the end of your broadcast.
- Current Viewers: The number of viewers currently watching the Live Stream, updated in real-time
- Total Unique Views: The number of unique viewers who have watched the Live Stream.
- Runtime: Runtime counts the approximate length of time that Live Stream has been running. This time is approximate and may be off by a few seconds.
- Player State: The Player State chart tracks the state of the players in real-time. Hover your mouse over the chart for details on the number of players experiencing that state.
This is what each player state color represents:
- Red: Buffering
- Green: Playing
- Yellow: Seeking
- Orange: Paused
Viewers over time graph: This graph shows the number of viewers watching the Live Stream over time. It updates in real-time.
Viewers by Geographic Region: Show in real-time the location of your viewers.
Note: a user must have the Edit Players permission enabled to view this dashboard.