Note:the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new documentation for up-to-date information.
Sometimes managing a library of video assets means that you have move things around. You can use the Transfer to Group feature in the Vidyard library to move players to a different group.
Transferring a player allows you to organize video content in a way that makes sense for your business. It also allows you to make content available to team members who belong to other groups.
- You must belong to a role with the Transfer Players to Groups permission enabled
- You must be a member of both the groups that are sending and receiving the transferred player
Transfer a player
Select the Change Group button to ensure that you are in group that contains the player you want to transfer.
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Players
- Hover over the video that you want to transfer, then select Transfer to Group
- Use the dropdown menu to select the group you want to transfer to, then click Transfer
Frequently asked questions
If I transfer a player, does it affect any locations where it is embedded?
No. The transferred player maintains the same UUID (unique identifier) and will remain active in any locations where it is embedded.
Do the videos within a player also transfer to the new group?
When you transfer a player, the source files for the videos are duplicated to the library in the recipient group. This means that you can continue to create new players from those videos in both the original and recipient groups.
Do analytics from the player also transfer to the recipient group?
Some analytics associated with the player will be transferred the recipient group. This data will be reflected in the Insights Dashboard after 24 hours. Similarly, the Insights Dashboard from the original group will no longer include the data the was transferred from the player.