Note: The Create New Player feature is available for paid users of the Vidyard platform.
If you don't have the Create New Player option, please reach out to our Sales team to upgrade.
To get started with Vidyard, the first thing to do is create a player. Players can be created in three ways:
- Select videos already within your organization's video library;
- Upload videos from your computer; or,
- Pull in videos from YouTube
After your player has been created, configure your videos, tailor your player settings, and select a thumbnail--all without touching a line of code.
See our article on the difference between a player and a video if you need a refresher.
Step 1: Create a new player
- Toggle into the group to which you want to add a player:
- Select Change Group from the Vidyard dashboard
- From the Content menu, click Players
- Click + New Player
Step 2: Select the videos to go in your player
- In the player wizard, you will find a list of all the videos in your account within the Library tab. Click Select beside a video to add it to your player.
- To upload new videos to your library in order to add them to your player. You can upload a video, record a video, or add a video from YouTube.
- Each video you select will appear in the Selected Videos section. Add all the videos you need in this player.
- Click Save. This will create your new player composed of the videos that you selected.
Step 3: Name your player
- After you save your player you will be navigated into that player's options.
- Click the Settings tab.
- By default, the player name is set to the title of the first video in its video list. You can change the player name in the General section of the Settings tab.
- Click Save Changes.
- Your player now exists with its name. You can share it right away, or use the other player option tabs to:
Remember, you can always adjust these settings later by finding your player in the player list on your Vidyard Dashboard.