To get started with Vidyard, the first thing to do is create a player. Players can be created in three ways:
- Select videos already within your organization's video library;
- Upload videos from your computer; or,
- Pull in videos from YouTube
After your player has been created, configure your videos, tailor your player settings, and select a thumbnail--all without touching a line of code.
See our article on the difference between a player and a video if you need a refresher.
Step 1: Create a new player
- Toggle into the group to which you want to add a player:
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Group > Change Group
- From the Content menu, click Players
- Click + New Player
Step 2: Select the videos to go in your player
- In the player wizard, you will find a list of all the videos in your account within the Library tab. Click Select beside a video to add it to your player.
- To upload new videos to your library in order to add them to your player. You can upload a video, record a video, or add a video from YouTube.
- Each video you select will appear in the Selected Videos section. Add all the videos you need in this player.
- Click Save. This will create your new player composed of the videos that you selected.
Step 3: Name your player
- After you save your player you will be navigated into that player's options.
- Click the Settings tab.
- By default, the player name is set to the title of the first video in its video list. You can change the player name in the General section of the Settings tab.
- Click Save Changes.
- Your player now exists with its name. You can share it right away, or use the other player option tabs to:
Remember, you can always adjust these settings later by finding your player in the player list on your Vidyard Dashboard.