Using the Vidyard for Act-On integration, we can use the viewer engagement data to manage the lead score of a contact based on how much of a video they watched.
Vidyard pushes viewer engagement data into individual contacts as custom events called "Watched" which can then be used as criteria for configuring scoring rules.
To score a contact based on their view data, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to Act-On
- In the left menu, click Contacts > Scoring Rules
- Under Activity, assign a score for Watched events.
- Optionally, assign a score based on a specific view event.
- Click the + button and select the behavior associated with Vidyard's video view events. In the example image below, this is called Custom: Specific Watched.
- When you integrate Vidyard with Act-on, the video view events become associated with the first custom behavior in your list. To confirm the correct behavior display name, navigate to Contacts > Custom Touch Points, then click Behavior Names. The name of Vidyard view behavior will be the first on the list.
- Select the video name with the matching percentage criteria you wish to score.
- Assign a score for the events of those specific actions.