If you are looking to replace an existing video in Vidyard with a newer, updated version, there a few things to keep in mind:
- You must manually delete the old video and replace it with the newer version.
- The URL for your new video will remain the same as long it's uploaded to the same player. URLs are player-specific.
- If you've configured your old video with an event, you can manually apply that event to the newer version.
- Analytics are tied to each video. If you replace an older video with a newer version, the data associated with the older video will be lost. However, you can save previous analytics through a report.
Replace a video and its events
- Upload the new version of your video to the desired player.
Note: consult our video on how to change videos within a player if you require further assistance.
- Before removing the older version, copy the source code from your event over to the new video.
- Select the old video from your video library and click the Event tab
- Click on the event in your video timeline. From there, you select the Source button to view and copy the event code.
- Now, select the new version of the video from within your player
- Click the Event tab and select + Add Event.
- Select the Source button and paste the event code from the old video into the text editor.
Note: You may need to manually adjust the position of the event on the video timeline to match where it was originally placed in the old video.
- Make sure your event is Published and click Save so that it appears as your video plays.
Make an analytics report
Because the analytics are tied to each video, your new replacement video will not maintain the data associated with the older version.
Suggestion: Create a report to have the original analytics. You may want to un-publish the player while adding or editing your player since updates will be reflected in real time at all embed locations.
Check out our article on how to run a report for your reference.