In a scenario where you are showcasing content that targets multiple audiences, providing a viewer the ability to choose what they want to see creates an efficient & personalized experience.
The varied content could be based on viewer skill levels, or perhaps you have a long piece of content that has been split into multiple videos.
In this article, we will provide code for creating an event that you can use at the start of any playlist. This creates options to choose a video (from the playlist) before any content plays.
1. Create a new event by clicking Content - Events and then New Event.
2. Select Fullscreen from Custom Events and press Create.
3. Give your event a name and then click on the HTML tab
4. Delete the current code in the HTML. Navigate to the following CodePen and copy the HTML from here into the HTML box in Vidyard (Note: code is provided for instructional purposes only).
5. Make changes to the code that will suit your presentation of the content. The default is an idea of having content that represents three types of skill level of viewer. To change any content, scroll down to the end of the code and replace the images and titles to suit.
6. Save and Assign the content.
7. Click on the Add Video button from the top right and select a video for the Event. This should be the first one in a playlist.
8. Ensure that PRE is selected from the timeline, so that the event will be the first thing that the viewer sees when play is pressed.
If you have a consistent number of videos in each player in the group (e.g. each playlist has 3 videos with a similar type of content structure), you could even make this a default event!