By Devon Galloway
When Michael and I started Vidyard 10 years ago, our vision for the product was much simpler than it is today. Over the past decade, the scope of our vision, the platform scale, and the features we offer have grown astronomically—but with all this innovation, we’ve made some sacrifices on simplicity and user experience. That changes today.
We’ve worked to rebuild Vidyard from the ground up and completely redesigned the platform to make video creation, management, and sharing easier—for everyone in your organization.
The new, more intuitive platform simplifies every aspect of using video. It also makes powerful optimization, security, and editing capabilities easier to find and use. We’ve reduced the number of clicks for simple tasks like securing a message from your CEO from eight clicks to three, or adding a caption to a great customer interview from seven clicks to two.
That means less time wasted on clicking buttons, training your team members, or troubleshooting for your boss, and more time spent on what matters most: Putting video to work for your business.
Take a look for yourself:
Don’t worry, the Vidyard you know isn’t going anywhere. We’ve just made it easier for everyone in your organization to use the power of video.
The changes are intended to:
- Reduce complexity
- Make essential tasks painless and more intuitive
- Make it easy to find the video you’re looking for
- Enable you to optimize and share your videos in significantly fewer clicks
Depending on how you’re using Vidyard today, these are the key changes you’ll want to know about.
If You Use Vidyard for Marketing
We know you’re busy and likely dealing with a full tech stack, so we’ve done our best to uncomplicate our solution to keep it from causing you any headaches. And ensure that anyone can upload, optimize, and share videos—not just your in-house “Vidyard expert.”
Need a video on your website? Want to add video to your email campaign? No problem. All of the functionality you care about is still there—and easier to use than ever.
But what’s actually changed?
- Say Goodbye to Players: If you ever found the concept of players confusing, then I have good news for you. We’ve eliminated the notion of “players” and videos are now the main attraction, where you can edit, optimize and customize your playback experience. That means no more figuring out if you have to do something at the video level or the player level. Changing the title, for instance? You only have to do it once.
- Manage Everything From the Unified Library: The new unified library offers easy folder navigation, improved searchability, and a more efficient upload experience so you can spend less of your time hunting for videos and more time focused on making them work for you.
- Make Changes on the New Video Edit Page: It’s now easy to configure, optimize, and share your content from the new video Edit page. No more flipping between pages. Everything you need to enhance your videos is in one spot, from changing the title and updating the thumbnail to customizing the playback experience for viewers.
- Create Videos Quickly and Easily: Everyone on your marketing team can now create powerful video content. Our screen and webcam recorder is now available to all Vidyard users, either directly within the platform or through our Chrome extension
If You Use Vidyard for Sales
Move beyond the simple “record and send” strategy for cold prospecting and start optimizing your videos to drive action at all stages of the sales cycle.
Our new updates focus on making your sales videos work harder for you.
- Drive Action with in-Video CTAs: Add a call to action (CTA) to every single video, directly from your Edit page. Choose from existing CTA options or build your own to drive viewers to take action.
- Make Videos More Accessible with Captions: It’s now easier to add captions to videos you create using the Chrome extension. Not only does this make your video messages more accessible, it also means your viewers can watch from anywhere, anytime without needing to turn the sound on.
- Password-Protect Videos: Reviewing confidential or sensitive information, like a pricing proposal? Use new video security options to ensure your video is only seen by your intended recipient(s).
- Get Insight From Video Analytics: Find out who’s watching your videos, for how long, and more to understand if your video content is getting the attention you need.
If You Use Vidyard for Internal Communications
Since work-from-home has become the new reality for most businesses, the changes we've made to our platform aim to improve video communication not only for those working in-office, but also for companies operating remotely.
We’ve made secure video creation and sharing simple to help your entire business stay connected.
- Get Everyone on Board: The newly redesigned Vidyard features a clean and simplified user experience for easy adoption across your business. Anyone can start creating videos to share updates, connect, and collaborate — no special training required.
- Secure Your Video Content: Make sure the right people see your videos every time. Flexible security controls let you protect your videos using passwords, IP whitelisting, or single sign-on (SSO).
How Do I Get It?
The new platform experience will begin rolling out to our customers over the next few weeks. If you don’t see the changes next time you login, don’t worry, it’s coming your way soon!
We’re Just Getting Started...
I’ll say it again: We’ve completely rebuilt Vidyard from the ground up. Not only did we want to deliver on an improved experience for our users today, we also wanted to build for the future.
Our new Vidyard platform is powerful. I mean really powerful. And we’re already working on the next round of new features that are going to improve how you use video across your business. Building on this platform investment, the next couple months are going to be the most exciting time in Vidyard’s history, I can’t wait to show you what’s coming next!
You can expect to see innovation coming from Vidyard at an unprecedented pace, all powered by the strong foundation we’re delivering to you today. So stay tuned for some of our most-requested features, coming soon to you.
I want to hear from you: What do you think of the new, redesigned Vidyard? What should we focus on next? How can we continue to support video as the future of business communications?
Want to learn more? Watch our Vidyard, Redesigned: Everything You Need to Know webinar and feel free to ask any questions below!