You asked, we listened. In order to make it easier for you to find the answers you’re looking for, we’ve pulled together the top questions you’ve been asking about the redesigned Vidyard.
What happened to Players?
- You were likely used to the idea of “players” in Vidyard, the container that allowed you to share and embed video, modify the design, add security and calls-to-action.
- In your updated account, you no longer have to worry about things like “where do I go to make this change, the video or the player?” or “where do I go to find my videos, the video library or the player library?”
- Videos are now the main attraction. You can record videos, upload videos, share and embed videos, and modify the design, security, and CTAs on videos—all within a single, unified library.
- You can replace videos by going to Settings, choosing About this Video, clicking Replace, and selecting the video you’d like to replace it with. This will carry over embed codes, events, and player configurations.
- Keep in mind that, when you do this, you won’t be able to restore the original video file. This action will also reset associated analytics.
What are playlists and how do I use them?
- Previously, if you wanted to share a collection of videos, you needed to create a player and add multiple videos to it. These collections of videos are now officially referred to as a “playlist.”
- Any existing multi-video players in your account have become playlists.
- If you want to create a new playlist, in your library, simply select the checkbox on the left of each video you’d like to include, hit the [...] button, and click Add to Playlist.
- Learn more about how playlists work.
If videos are now the primary object in my account, can I still modify playlists?
- Yes, you can modify playlists—rearrange the videos, remove and add different videos, etc.—as needed.
- But, now that videos are the main attraction, the way that you edit the settings on a playlist is slightly different.
- Playlists inherit their settings from the videos that belong to the list. If you want to change the colors or other settings on a playlist, you’ll need to update the settings on the first video in the list.
- Similarly, if you want to change what CTA appears in a playlist and where, you’ll need to update the CTA on the video and its position in the list.
- Learn more about playlist settings and behavior.
How are passwords different from access codes?
- You can still add access codes to videos in your updated account; we’ve simply renamed them to “passwords.”
- Existing passwords are not impacted by the redesign. They will continue to work the same as before.
How are Events different from Actions?
- You’ll notice in Vidyard that we’ve changed the name of in-video calls to action (CTAs) from “Events” to “Actions.” We think the name change better reflects what in-video CTAs are and how you can use them.
- That being said, there is no impact to your existing Actions or videos with existing CTAs.
Will I need to change or update embed codes on our webpages?
- Any existing videos/playlists remain wherever you’ve embedded them with no change required. The video ID remains the same.
Will I still be able to customize how video controls look?
- Yes, all design settings are now applied directly to the videos in your library. Any existing customizations you’ve made to your videos do not change. Learn more about how to customize the design of your videos.
Is video creation now an unlimited feature?
- You used to have to give users in your account a separate license in order to use our video creation tool (formerly known as GoVideo). Now, every user in a Vidyard account can create their own videos to share internally and externally—no separate license required.
- With this change, our new pricing structure will be based on the total number of users in an account.
- For existing customers, your account will transition to the new pricing structure upon contract renewal. The transition will be done in a way that minimizes the impact on your current billing/price point.
Where do I go for updates on my Vidyard plan and usage?
- From the main menu in Vidyard, select Admin then Billing. Here you’ll be able to see your subscription plan details. This includes usage information such as users, teams, embeds, hubs and integrations.
Can I still make bulk changes to videos in my account?
- Yes. Previously you would use a separate tool (the Asset Manager) to make changes to multiple videos. In your updated account, we’ve made it easy to manage multiple videos directly from your library.
- Learn more about managing videos in the new library.