How do I start recording with the GoVideo Chrome extension?
Once you have installed the extension from the Vidyard GoVideo webpage and completed the setup process, click on the V-bot icon in the top, right-hand corner of your Chrome browser.
This will display the GoVideo control panel. Here you can choose what type of recording you would like to perform.
The main recording modes: Tab recording, Screen recording, and Cam Only
These main modes can be enhanced by enabling the CAM and MIC buttons to either add your voice or webcam to the recording.
From these options, you can select the following possible recording combinations:
- "The Selfie Video" - Cam Only recording with MIC enabled
- "The Voiceover Video" - Tab or Screen Recording with MIC enabledNote:
- A Tab recording will only record the current tab you start the recording on and will not record any other tabs you move to.
- A Screen recording will record the monitor in full-screen and everything within it. This can also be used to record external applications.
- Please see the following article for more details on Screen vs Tab Recordings
- "The Presentation Video" - Tab or Screen Recording with CAM + MIC enabledNote:
- When selecting this type of recording, the camera image will appear as a small circle on the bottom left-hand corner of the page (see the image on the right, above).
- As of right now, the size and position of the camera image are fixed and can not be modified.
For more information on how to control your recording (Pause, Stop, Restart etc.) please see our article on how to control the menu for GoVideo recordings
For best practices on creating and sending GoVideo recordings, please our article on GoVideo best practices.