As part of the Vidyard for Marketo data integration, you can add Marketo forms to your videos natively from within Vidyard.
When the form is filled out, any information that the viewer submits passes to your Marketo account. All you need is:
- ✅ a webpage with an embedded inline or lightbox video
- ✅ a Marketo form added to the video
- ✅ your Marketo Munchkin Tracking Code on the webpage
Get your Form ID and CNAME/Server Name from Marketo
To import a Marketo form into Vidyard, you will need the Form's Asset ID and either your Marketo Server Name or CNAME (depending on your Marketo account configuration and set up).
You can obtain your Server Name from your form's preview in Marketo, and your CNAME from your form's embed code. Your Form ID can be found in either location.
Finding your Server Name & Form ID
You can find your Form ID and Server Name in the URL when you preview your form in Marketo.
- Select your form from the list in Marketo
- Select Preview
- Copy your Server Name and Form ID from the page URL
- The Server Name is the alphanumeric value (with a dash) that immediately precedes ".marketo.com"
- The Form ID is the last 4-5 digits in your form's URL
You can also copy the Form ID (Asset ID) from the main page of your form under the Summary section.
Finding your CNAME & Form ID
You can find your CNAME & Form ID in your form's embed code. Your CNAME is either your Munchkin account ID appended with ".mktoweb.com" or your own domain if you've set up your Marketo pages with a CNAME (for example, "go.companyname.com").
You only need to copy the CNAME value that follows
// from the embed code. You do not need to include
www. from the URL.
- CNAME = 103-MWY-702.mktoweb.com
- Form ID = 1760
Add your Marketo form to Vidyard
- Sign in to Vidyard, then select Actions from the main menu.
- Select New Action.
- Select Marketo form, then click on Create.
- Choose either Marketo Server Name or CNAME (depending on your account setup in Marketo) to import your form into Vidyard.
- Enter your Form ID and either your Server Name or CNAME into the fields provided, then select Apply to finish.
Once your form has been added to Vidyard, give it a name and description. These fields indicate other users what the form does and when it should be used.
Configure Advanced Options for your form
Advanced Options allow you to adjust how the Marketo form behaves for your viewers. For example, you may want to give viewers the option to skip the form.
- Select Advanced Options editor to access additional settings
- Switch the setting toggles ON or OFF to change how the form behaves
Here's a quick breakdown of each of the settings:
|Allow the viewer to skip the Action and resume the video||Adds a button that allows viewers to skip the Action|
|Only show Action to the viewer once per page load||
The Action will only display to the viewer once after the video loads on the page.
If the viewer refreshes the page, the Action will display again.
|Skip form for leads known in Marketo||
Vidyard checks if the viewer is already a known contact in Marketo. If yes, the form does not display.
|Pre-fill known data if the viewer is already a contact||
Automatically fill in any form fields if the viewer is already a known contact in Vidyard (they have previously been identified)
Assign your Marketo Form to a video(s)
Once you've finished your form's design and setting, you can then assign it to 1 or more videos in the same folder.
- Select Assign > + Add Video
- Select the plus button (+) beside a video to assign the form
- Need to find the right video? You can also use the search box to find videos by their title, description, internal notes, tags or UUID.
- Click on Close when you've finished selecting videos
- Select when the Action appears during the playback of each assigned video
- Click on PRE for the Action to appear before the start of a video
- Click on POST for the Action to appear after a video finishes
- Alternatively, move the slider to position the Action at a specific second during the video
- Select Save to finish