As part of the Vidyard for Marketo data integration, you can add Marketo forms to your videos natively from within Vidyard.
When the form is filled out, any information that the viewer submits passes to your Marketo account. All you need is:
- ✅ a webpage with an embedded inline of lightbox video
- ✅ a Marketo form added to the video
- ✅ your Marketo Munchkin Tracking Code on the webpage
Get your Marketo Server Name and Form ID
To use your Marketo forms in Vidyard, you'll need your Marketo Server Name and Form ID.
You can obtain the Server Name and Form ID from the embed code of your form in Marketo. The embed code displays similar to the following example:
<form id="mktoForm_1061"></form> <script>MktoForms2.loadForm("("//app-sj04.marketo.com", "103-MWY-702", 1061);</script>
- Server Name = app-sj04
- Form ID = 1061
Add your Marketo form to Vidyard
- Sign in to Vidyard, then select Actions (🎯) from the main menu
- Select New Action
- Select Marketo form, then click on Create
- Enter your Marketo Form ID and Server name, then select Apply
Once you're form has been added to Vidyard, give it a name and description. These fields indicate what the form does and when it should be used.
Note: it is best to make any visual changes to your form in Marketo's Design Studio. You will not be able to see a preview of the form in Vidyard's editor.
Configure Advanced Options for your form
Advanced Options allow you to adjust how the Marketo behaves for your viewers. For example, you may want to give viewers the option to skip the form.
- Select Advanced Options editor to access additional settings
- Switch the setting toggles ON or OFF to change how the form behaves
Here's a quick breakdown of each of the settings:
|Allow the viewer to skip the Action and resume the video||Adds a button that allows viewers to skip the Action|
|Only show Action to the viewer once per page load||
The Action will only display to the viewer once after the video loads on the page.
If the viewer refreshes the page, the Action will display again.
|Skip form for leads known in Marketo||
Vidyard checks if the viewer is already a known contact in Marketo. If yes, the form does not display.
|Pre-fill known data if the viewer is already a contact||
Automatically fill in any form fields if the viewer is already a known contact in Vidyard (they have previously been identified)
Assign your Marketo Form to a video(s)
Once you've finished your form's design and setting, you can then assign it to 1 more videos in the same folder.
- Select Assign > + Add Video
- Select the plus button (+) beside a video to assign the form
- Need to find the right video? You can also use the search box to find videos by their title, description, internal notes, tags or UUID.
- Click on Close when you've finished selecting videos
- Select when the Action appears during the playback of each assigned video
- Click on PRE for the Action to appear before the start of a video
- Click on POST for the Action to appear after a video finishes
- Alternatively, move the slider to position the Action at a specific second during the video
- Select Save to finish