You can add the Vidyard extension (for Chrome or Edge) to your browser in just a few clicks.
The extension allows you to quickly record and share videos directly from your web browser. You'll also have easy access to your existing library as well as a notifications feed to keep tabs on incoming video views.
Add the extension to your browser
The Vidyard extension can be added to either your Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser. Search for Vidyard in the Chrome or Edge add-on stores, or use the links below:
Select either Add or Chrome or Get (for Edge) to install the extension. Follow the prompts to successfully add the extension.
Once installed, make sure to pin the extension to your browser so that you can access Vidyard easily.
- Open the extensions menu
- Click on the pin (or eye icon in Edge) next to Vidyard
Sign in or create a new account
- Click on the Vidyard icon in the top, right-hand corner of your browser
- Choose an option to sign in or select Sign up to create a new account:
- Select Continue with Google, Outlook, or LinkedIn to sign in with a service that you already use
- Select Sign in with Email to use an email address and password
Give Vidyard permission to use your camera and microphone
When you install and open the extension for the first time, Vidyard will ask you to allow access to your computer's camera and microphone so that you can start recording.
Select Allow to grant permission and continue.
Allow screen recording on MacOS
If you are using a Mac computer (OS Catalina or later), you may also need to enable Screen Recording permissions within your Security & Privacy settings.
- Open your System Preferences
- Select Security & Privacy > Screen Recording
- Check the box next to Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge to allow screen recordings on the browser you're using
- Note: In order to make changes to System Preferences, you may need to select the lock icon 🔒 in the bottom corner first
- Restart your browser to let the changes take effect