What are API tokens?
API tokens are used to authenticate you to Vidyard. Whether you're looking to connect to Vidyard through a third-party service or use Vidyard APIs to programatically manage your account, the API token tells Vidyard that you are authorized to access data from your account without directly signing in to the platform.
You may need an API token if you are:
- Accessing Vidyard through another software or service (for example, the Vidyard for Outreach integration)
- Using the dashboard API to perform actions in your Vidyard account
- Setting up a webhook with the Analytics Subscription API
- Securing access to Vidyard players with JSON Web Tokens (JWTs).
API tokens are role-based. A token will only allow you to make changes through the API that your role has permission to perform.
Important: be very careful with your API tokens. Any person or application with access to a token may be able to access your Vidyard account and its content.
Copy an API token from your account
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- From the main menu select Admin > API Tokens
- If necessary, select Change Folder to access API tokens associated with a different folder
- Copy an API token for the appropriate role