What are API tokens?
API tokens are used to authenticate you to Vidyard. Whether you're looking to connect to Vidyard through a third-party service or use Vidyard APIs to programatically manage your account, the API token tells Vidyard that you are authorized to access data from your account without directly signing in to the platform.
You may need an API token if you want to:
- Use Vidyard in a third-party application (e.g. Vidyard in Outreach, Theta Lake, more+).
- Use the dashboard API to perform actions in your Vidyard account
- Set up a webhook with the Analytics Subscription API
- Secure access to Vidyard players with JSON Web Tokens (JWTs).
API tokens are role-based. A token will only allow you to make changes through the API that your role has permission to perform.
Copy an API token from your account
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- From the main menu select Admin > API Tokens
- If necessary, select Change Folder to access API tokens associated with a different folder
- Copy an API token for the appropriate role