The GoVideo for Sales Cloud app extends the power of the GoVideo ecosystem to your prospecting and outreach campaigns inside Salesforce. Available in both Salesforce Lightning and Classic, the GoVideo app allows you to incorporate video into your one-to-one communications with leads and contacts.
Use the GoVideo for Sales Cloud app to:
- Record videos, track engagement, and make a personal connection with leads and contacts
- Include GoVideo recordings in your Salesforce email templates
- Receive video engagement analytics back to lead and contact records (through the Vidyard for Salesforce integration)
- The Vidyard for Salesforce integration
- For users with an existing Vidyard for Salesforce integration, ensure that you have v1.33 of the Vidyard app
- Permission to create and edit Salesforce letterheads and email templates (if applicable)
Add Send Video Email button to a page layout
The Send Video Email button can be added to the page layout for both contacts and leads.
- From the Salesforce dashboard, navigate to the page layout for either leads or contacts
- Click Setup > Object Manager > Leads or Contacts > Page Layouts, then select Edit next to the applicable layout.
- Under the Buttons list, select the Send Video Email component
- Drag the component to the Custom Buttons location under the Lead/Contact Detail section of the layout
- Click Save
Add the GoVideo merge tag to an email template
Salesforce allows users to create email templates that can be used when sending a message to leads and contacts.
If using a template to communicate with prospects, make sure to add the GoVideo merge tag the body of the template. The merge tag indicates where the GoVideo thumbnail and link are positioned.
- Navigate to Setup > Email > Classic Email Templates
- Either choose to Edit an existing template or create a New Template
- Email templates must also utilize a letterhead.
- If necessary, create a letterhead in Setup > Email > Letterheads > New Letterhead
- Select Edit HTML Version and add
<<vy_template>>to the body of the template.
Send a video email from a lead or contact record
- Open a lead record in Salesforce
- Select Leads > choose an available lead record
- Alternatively, use the Salesforce search bar to locate a specific lead
- Click on the Send Video Email to launch the GoVideo app
- If necessary, sign in to an existing GoVideo account or sign up.
Using the GoVideo app
Use the GoVideo app to either record or insert an existing video or playlist into an email:
- Record or upload new videos
- Build playlists from your video library
- Use the Groups dropdown to add video assets from across any additional Vidyard groups to which you have been given access (this is an Enterprise-level feature)
- Use the Selected tab to arrange the order of your chosen playlist
- Select the title of any video to preview it in-app
- Insert a recording or playlist directly into the body of the text editor
- If necessary, use the dropdown menu to choose an email template, then click Select.
- The body of the email will populate with the template
- Both the thumbnail image (purple) and link to the player sharing page (red) will appear wherever
<<vy_template>>was positioned in the template.
- The sharing page link also includes a "VYSFID", an alphanumeric query string that associates the recipient's video view data with their Salesforce lead or contact record. View data appears on records that have the Vidyard Video View object as part of the page layout.
- Click Send Email
Note: Learn more about the GoVideo app's supported browser functionality