Vidyard for Salesforce Sales Cloud makes it easy to create and share videos as part of your prospecting and outreach campaigns in Salesforce.
Available in both Salesforce Lightning and Classic, the Vidyard app allows you to incorporate video into your one-to-one communications with leads and contacts.
Use the Vidyard for Sales Cloud app to:
- Record videos, track engagement, and make a personal connection with leads and contacts
- Include video in your Salesforce email templates
- Receive video engagement analytics back to lead and contact records (through the Vidyard for Salesforce integration)
- The Vidyard for Salesforce integration
- Ensure that you have at least v1.33 of the Vidyard app
- Permission to create and edit Salesforce letterheads and email templates (if applicable)
Add Send Video Email button to a page layout
The Send Video Email button can be added to the page layout for both contacts and leads.
- From the Salesforce dashboard, navigate to the page layout for either leads or contacts
- Click Setup > Object Manager > Leads or Contacts > Page Layouts, then select Edit next to the applicable layout.
- Under the Mobile & Lightning Actions, select the Send Video Email component
- Drag the component to block of actions under Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions.
- Click Save
Add the Vidyard merge tag to an email template
Salesforce allows users to create email templates that can be used when sending a message to leads and contacts.
If using a template to communicate with prospects, make sure to name the template correctly and add the Vidyard merge tag to the body of the template. The merge tag indicates where the video thumbnail and link will be positioned in the body of the email.
- Navigate to Setup > Email > Classic Email Templates
- Either choose to Edit an existing template or create a New Template
- Email templates must utilize a letterhead.
- If necessary, create a letterhead in Setup > Email > Letterheads > New Letterhead
- Include vy_ at the beginning of the template name (or _vy at the end of the template name)
- The "vy" prefix or suffix allows Vidyard to use these templates in an email.
- Select Edit HTML Version and add
<<vy_template>>to the body of the template.
Send a video email from a lead or contact record
- Open a lead record in Salesforce
- Select Leads > choose an available lead record
- Alternatively, use the Salesforce search bar to locate a specific lead
- Click on the Send Video Email to launch the Vidyard app
- If necessary, sign in to an existing Vidyard account or sign up.
Using the Vidyard app
Use the Vidyard app to either record or insert an existing video or playlist into an email:
- Record or upload new videos
- Build playlists from your video library
- Use the Folders dropdown to add videos from across any shared content folders in Vidyard to which you have been given access (this is a paid subscription feature)
- Use the Selected tab to arrange the order of your chosen playlist
- Select the title of any video to preview it in-app
- Insert a recording or playlist directly into the body of the text editor
- If necessary, use the dropdown menu to choose an email template, then click Select.
- The body of the email will populate with the template
- Both the thumbnail image (purple) and link to the player sharing page (red) will appear wherever
<<vy_yourTemplateName>>was positioned in the template.
- The sharing page link also includes a "VYSFID", an alphanumeric query string that associates the recipient's video view data with their Salesforce lead or contact record. View data appears on records that have the Vidyard Video View Object as part of the page layout.
- Click Send Email