Embed limits are a key differentiator between the various Vidyard pricing plans (Free, Pro, and Business).
Your embed limit refers to the number of videos in your library that are allowed to be embedded on external webpages.
You must enable embedding on a video in order to copy its embed code. Each time you enable embedding on a video, your usage increases by 1 out of the total embed limit for your account. With the setting enabled, you can embed the video as many times, in as many locations, as you like.
Embed limits by Vidyard plan type
Your Vidyard plan type determines the embed limit for your account. The table below outlines the embed limit by plan type.
|# of embeddable videos (embed limit)
|Vidyard Free (individual accounts and workspaces)
Vidyard Business (Essentials, Growth, Enterprise)
When do I need to enable embedding on a video?
You need to enable embedding on a video anytime you want to add the video to a webpage outside of Vidyard. Embedding a video commonly happens in 1 of 2 ways:
- Copying the embed code for your video and pasting it into the source code of another page
- Using your video's sharing link in another app (for example, Zendesk, Intercom, + others) that allow you to embed videos with a direct URL
How do I enable embedding on a video?
Users with Vidyard Free, Pro, and some Business plans (prior to July 6, 2022) need to enable embedding on a video before they can copy its embed code. Each time you enable embedding on a video, your usage increases by 1 out of the total embed limit for your account (for example, 1/5).
- Select Share next to a video in your library
- Use the toggle next to Embed on a site to switch embedding to ON
- Select Copy Code to get the video’s inline embed code
- Learn more about using embed codes
How do I check my current embed usage?
To find your current embed usage, select Share next to a video in your library. You’ll find your current usage next to the Embed toggle (for example 2/20 embedded).
- Sign in to your Vidyard account, then select Library
- Select the Share next to a video in your library
- Note your current usage next to the embed toggle
Frequently asked questions
How do I embed a new video if I've reached my limit?
If you've already reached your limit but you want to embed another video from your library, you can choose one of the following options:
- Disable embedding on an existing video that you no longer want shared on an external webpage
- Upgrade your plan to increase your embed limit
- Select the Upgrade button in your account
- Select an option on our Pricing Page to upgrade to Vidyard Pro or speak directly with a member of our Team about Business plans
If I downgrade to Vidyard Free, what happens to my embedded videos?
If you downgrade to Vidyard Free (for example, if you cancel your Pro subscription), any videos with embedding currently enabled will continue to be available and play for viewers wherever they’ve been shared.
However, you will not be able to turn on embedding for any further videos until you have come back under the 5 embed maximum for Vidyard Free.
What happens to my embedded videos if I leave a workspace?
When you leave a workspace, any videos that live in your personal folder leave the workspace with you. If videos in your personal folder had embedding enabled, they continue to count toward your limit of 5 as an individual Vidyard Free account.
Any videos you created that belong to a shared folder stay with the workspace when you leave. If videos in a shared folder had embedding enabled, they continue to count toward the workspace’s embed limit of 5 videos.