Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) users of your service or product have a right to control their own data. These rights may take the form of a data subject request to access, rectify, or forget personal data.
As the data controller, you may be asked to perform a data subject request that includes personally identifiable information (PII) processed through Vidyard.
Use the GDPR Request tool to manage these requests in Vidyard.
- The GDPR Request Tool feature (contact your Customer Success Manager to install)
Submit a GDPR data subject request
To submit a request, you will need to be in the main parent folder on your account.
- Select Admin > GDPR Requests from the Vidyard dashboard
- Select a Request Type to manage information for a given person associated with your organization. The request will be made against data associated with an email address for your entire Vidyard organization.
- Choose Access to receive information
- Choose Rectify to update information (you will be asked to enter updated information)
- Choose Forget to delete information
- Click Submit
The Vidyard user who submitted a GDPR request will receive an email confirmation when the task has completed.
Things to note:
- Keep record of the receipt ID as Vidyard does not hold this information.
- Access requests will also return a text file that contains all data associated with the given email address. The file will expire after 7 days.