Vidyard's integration allows you to pass data about how viewers interact with your videos directly into your prospect records in Pardot.
How does it all work? Vidyard uses Pardot's API to pass video view data to custom fields on your prospect records.
Data is passed whenever a viewer can be identified. With a campaign tracking script on the same page as a video, Vidyard and Pardot work together to identify who your viewers are, what videos they watched, and for how long.
You can then use the view data in Pardot to incorporate viewer engagement with videos into your lead scoring models, improve segmentation and build new automations.
- A Pardot edition that includes API access (Plus, Advanced or Premium)
- A Business Unit ID (learn how you find your ID)
Choose a folder(s) to set up the integration
You can set up the integration in any folder where your user has access and permission to Edit Integrations.
The folder or branch of folders should contain the videos that you want to capture viewer data for in your Pardot prospect records. In the example below, you can see how the integration might be set up in 2 different ways:
- a single folder: the "Pitches" folder does not contain any subfolders, so the integration only pertains to its videos
- multiple folders: both "August Campaign" and "July Campaign" inherit the integration from the Marketing folder unless they explicitly opt out
Connect Vidyard to Pardot
Before you set up the integration with Pardot, we recommend that you sign out of all Salesforce/Pardot instances. That way you can sign in with the correct integration user when you go through the set up flow.
You'll also want to obtain your Pardot Business Unit ID. You'll need the ID to tell Vidyard which database in Pardot to send data to.
- Sign in to Vidyard and select Admin> Integrations
- If necessary, select Change Folder to switch into the folder where you want to set up the integration
- Select Add next to Salesforce Pardot
- Enter a Business Unit ID, then click Connect
- A prompt will appear asking you to allow Vidyard to access your Pardot account. Review and select Allow to continue.
- If you're not already signed in to Salesforce with the user that you want set up the integration with, select Not you? to switch accounts
A green success message indicates that the integration has been connected. Salesforce Pardot should now be listed under Current Integrations along with the email address of the user that established the integration.
Optional: Allow Vidyard to create new prospects
Once the integration is set up, Vidyard sends view data to Pardot whenever an identified viewer matches an existing prospect record.
You can also configure the integration so that Vidyard creates a new prospect whenever a viewer is identified that does not have an existing record.
- Open the menu next to the Pardot integration in Vidyard, then select Update
- Toggle Allow Prospect Creation to ON
Additionally, you can also enter a Campaign ID. We'll automatically associate newly created prospects with the campaign.
Can I connect Vidyard to more than 1 Pardot Business Unit?
Yes, you can.
However, because Salesforce limits the number of access tokens that a user can maintain with a given connected app (i.e. Vidyard for Pardot), you will have to use a different integration user for each connection that you set up.
To prevent access tokens from being revoked, we've implemented the following rule:
- Each connection to a Vidyard folder must use a different [ Salesforce instance + unique integration user] combination.
What data does Vidyard write to Pardot?
Vidyard delivers the following view data to a set of 3 Custom Fields on your prospect records. These fields are automatically created when you connect the integration.
|Type of Data||Description|
|Most Recent Vidyard Video||The name of the video that the prospect most recently watched|
|Vidyard Video Viewing Duration||
The cumulative number of seconds that the prospect has watched videos (seconds:milliseconds)
|Vidyard Videos Viewed||
The total number of unique videos that the prospect has watched.
Want more video data in Pardot?
If you also have Vidyard's integration with Salesforce CRM, you can use custom object syncing to expand the set of video view data available in your Pardot prospect records.
Learn more about how to sync Vidyard's custom object with Pardot.