You can set up Google Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication for your Vidyard Video Hub and even have your Hub accessible from the G Suite (Google Apps for Work) App menu. This allows you to provide a secure, easy-to-access, and centralized location for all your internal Vidyard videos - even a Live stream channel!
You will need a company G Suite (Google Apps for Work) account
Set up Google SSO authentication for a Video Hub
- Select Channels > Hubs in the Vidyard menu, then click Edit next to the Hub for which you want to set up SSO.
- Click the Sharing tab for your Hub.
- Select Change under the Access section, then select Single Sign-On (SSO) users.
- Select Add Profile, and keep this page open for now.
Then, you can leave Vidyard for now and follow these steps:
- In a separate browser tab, go to your Admin Console in Google and click Apps.
- Select SAML Apps.
- Click Enable SSO for a SAML application.
- Click Set up my own Custom App.
- Copy the following information from the Google IdP Information window and paste it into the corresponding Vidyard Hubs SSO fields:
- Copy from Google field: SSO URL, Paste into Vidyard field: SAML Endpoint URL
- Copy from Google field: Entity ID, Paste into Vidyard field: Audience URL
- In the Google IdP information window, under Option 1, click Download Certificate.
- A .pem file will be downloaded. Click on this file and open it with a text editor program. (Eg: TextEdit or NotePad)
- Copy all of the text in the downloaded certificate that you just opened, including "Begin Certificate" and "End Certificate".
- Switch back to your Vidyard Hubs SSO tab and paste all of the text from step 11 into the x.509 certificate box in Vidyard. Click Save Changes.
- On your Google page, add a name, description, and logo for the App, then click Next.
- In your Vidyard Video Hub SSO page, copy the ACS URL, then switch back to your Google page and paste it into Google's ACS URL field.
- Next, go back to your Vidyard Video Hub SSO page, copy the Audience URL, then switch back to your Google page and paste it into Google's Entity ID field.
- Leave Start URL blank and Signed Response unchecked, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Now that your app is configured, click the 3 dot-menu and select ON for everyone to enable the app for your whole organization.
The app will now provide secured access to the Vidyard Video Hub. If the Hub URL is shared externally, the viewer will be redirected to the Google Login page.