The Vidyard GoVideo app is a dynamic video communication and sharing tool. In any product in which GoVideo has been integrated, users are able to create and send video content, assemble video playlists, and receive notifications that indicate who has watched their video content, as well as for how long.
Because GoVideo exists across an ecosystem of integrated apps, your personal video library follows you everywhere, meaning that you can forge more meaningful and authentic connections wherever you go.
The GoVideo partner application may be used as a free product or as part of a Vidyard Enterprise organization. Feature functionality between the two varies.
Record and build video playlists
- Open the GoVideo app within the application that you're using. Either create an account or sign in.
- In most integrations, the GoVideo app will be represented by a camera icon
- Record or upload new videos
- Build playlists from your video library
- Use the Groups dropdown to add video assets from across any additional Vidyard groups to which you have been given access (this is an Enterprise-level feature)
- Use the Selected tab to arrange the order of your chosen playlist
- Select the title of any video to preview it in-app.
- Insert a recording or playlist directly into the text editor, page, or communication channel within the application that you're using.
Track viewer engagement
One of the primary components of GoVideo is the ability for users to track their recipients' viewing behavior and receive notifications that indicate who has watched their content and for how long.
In many applications, this takes the form of an alphanumeric query string that associates a recipient's email address with their viewing behavior.
Depending on the nature of the integration with GoVideo, the query string may be seen visually like in the example below.
Supported browser functionality
- Full functionality of the GoVideo app within Chrome relies upon use of the GoVideo Chrome Extension
- Browser functionality is additionally subject to the limitations of the host application
|Browser||Create Playlist||Camera Recording||Screen Recording||Screen Recording w/ Camera|
|Chrome||Yes||Yes||Yes, with Chrome Extension||Yes, with Chrome Extension|