When you have the Vidyard browser extension (for Chrome or Edge) installed, you can create and share videos with your peers, colleagues, and prospects directly from the LinkedIn message composer.
- Share videos from your Vidyard library in a LinkedIn direct message
- Combine multiple videos into a shareable playlist
- Record or upload new videos to share immediately with your LinkedIn connections
Here is a quick video walkthrough of how to get the most out of Vidyard in LinkedIn:
To use Vidyard in LinkedIn, you must have the following:
- You must be using Chrome or Edge with the Vidyard browser extension installed
- You must be signed in to the browser extension
Sharing videos in a direct message
- Open a direct message with one of your connections, then select the Vidyard icon to open your video library
- Select one or more videos from your library to share
- Selecting multiple videos creates a playlist
- Click Share to add a link to the video in your message
When you send the message, the link will expand to include the video's title, thumbnail, and a play button. Your recipient can click on either the link itself or the thumbnail to watch the video on your sharing page.
Changing the order of videos in a playlist
When you select 1 or more videos to create a playlist, you can change the order of the videos before adding it into your message.
- Click on the "# selected" button at the bottom of your library
- Use the up and down arrows to change the order of the videos in the playlist
- Select Share to add the playlist link to your direct message
Selecting videos from a shared folder
In addition to your personal library of videos, you can also select videos from any shared folders that you have access to in Vidyard.
- Click on Folders at the top of your library
- Choose a folder from the list to switch into
- Select any videos from the folder that you'd like to share
Record or upload a new video
Looking to make your LinkedIn messages more personal? You can create a new video right within your direct message, using Vidyard to record either your camera, screen, or both.
If you already have a video file on your computer that you'd like to share, you can also use the Upload Video option to add it to your library.
- Click the Message button on a user's profile, then select the Vidyard icon to open your library
- Select New Video, and choose your preferred option:
- Camera Recording
- Screen Recording
- Upload Video
- Select Start Recording to begin your video
Once you've finished recording, you can change the video's title and select Share to add your video's sharing link to the body of the message.
Need to make changes to your video before sharing? Click on Edit in Vidyard to change the thumbnail, trim your video, and more.
FAQ and troubleshooting
Can I share videos in an InMail message?
InMail messaging is a premium (paid) feature in LinkedIn that allows you to message other members who are not a direct 1st degree connection.
You can share videos from your library in an InMail message, but only from the Messaging composer on LinkedIn.com. Vidyard is not available in separate, standalone tools like LinkedIn Recruiter or Sales Navigator, which also allow you to purchase and use credits to send InMail messages.
Can I use Vidyard in LinkedIn Recruiter or Sales Navigator?
Vidyard is not available directly within LinkedIn Recruiter or Sales Navigator. However, you can always share the link to your video when messaging other members on these platforms.
Why does the video thumbnail and play button not appear in some messages?
If you share a video in a direct message to a 1st degree connection, the link will expand to display the video name and a thumbnail with the play button.
If you are not a 1st degree connection (for example, sending an InMail message), your message will contain the video link only.
Once the member responds to your initial message, or becomes a connection, any new messages with the video link will expand to include the thumbnail going forward.
Learn more about degrees of connection on LinkedIn.