In a few quick steps, you can share videos to Facebook directly from Vidyard .
From your library, simply select Facebook as the channel where you want to share your video. Then, choose 1 of the 2 available sharing options:
- Share a link to the video on your timeline or in a private message
- Post a video to your Company Page
- Sharing to a company page requires you to connect your Facebook account to Vidyard
- Videos shared with this option play inline natively on your Facebook page
Select a video from your library
- Click the Share button next to a video in your library
- Select the Facebook icon
Share to your feed or in a private message
Sharing a video to your personal feed or in a private message provides your viewers with a link to the video sharing page.
Facebook will use the link to create a rich post with information about the video that includes the title and a hyperlinked image of the thumbnail.
- Select Share video to personal feed or in a private message
- A separate browser window will open with options from Facebook to format your post or message
- Use the dropdown menu to select where on Facebook you'd like to share
- You can post to your timeline and story, a group or event, a friend's timeline, or in a private message
- Select Post to Facebook when finished
Share a video to your Company Page
Note: users in a Vidyard account with the Starter, Plus or Enterprise plan, must belong to a Team with the permission to Push videos to a connected Facebook account in order to share to a company page.
Sharing a video to a company page requires you to connect your Facebook account to Vidyard.
Once set up, videos that you post to a company page will play inline natively. This means that your viewers can watch the video from directly within Facebook, rather than being sent to a separate page.
Videos shared to a page on Facebook cannot exceed 10GB in size or 4 hours in length.
- Select Share video in company page
- If using this option for the first time, you will be prompted to connect your Facebook account to Vidyard before you continue.
- Use the dropdown menus to select the connected account and the company page that you want to share the video to
- Add a description and choose how your post will appear to viewers:
- Select Show in feeds and timelines to make your video appear in your subscribers' timelines and on your page. If unselected, the video will only appear in the Video library on your Facebook page for future use.
- Select Make video invisible and unsearchable to ensure the post does not appear anywhere on Facebook. The post can only be viewed if you share a link or embed the video.
- Select Share Now
The video may take a moment to appear in a post on your Page. Once available, you may further edit the video in Facebook to change the thumbnail, add captions and tags, or manage privacy settings.
Schedule a post for later
Users that belong to a Vidyard account on the Starter, Plus or Enterprise plan also have the option to Schedule posts to the Company Page for later.
Scheduled posts must be at least 15 minutes from the current time.
- Select Scheduled for later after you've finished formatting your post
- Select a time and date
- Click Share