Vidyard's integration with Facebook allows users to seamlessly share videos to their Facebook pages directly form Vidyard.
Once you have successfully integrated Vidyard with a Facebook account, users may share videos to any page for which the connected account has been designated as an administrator or editor.
Any video may be shared from Vidyard, given that it meets the following criteria:
Share to Facebook criteria
- Size: Videos that exceed 10GB in size cannot be pushed to Facebook. The page will display an error if a video exceeds this restriction.
- Length: Videos that exceed 4 hours in length cannot be pushed to Facebook. The page will display an error is the video exceeds this restriction.
- Scheduling: Videos must be scheduled for greater than or equal to 15 minutes from the time that the Push to Facebook button has been selected.
- The Facebook integration feature enabled in Vidyard
- Set up the Vidyard for Facebook integration
- A role with the Push to Facebook permission enabled
Share a video to a Facebook page
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Videos (all of your uploaded videos are available here)
- Hover over the video that you want to share, then click Settings
- Select the Advanced dropdown menu, then click Push to Facebook.
- Make any necessary changes to the video name and description before pushing to Facebook
- Configure how and when to publish your video to Facebook:
- Select the Facebook account and page to which you want to share the video.
- Allow embedding: toggle ON to allow viewers access to the video's embed code.
- Suppress feed and timeline story: toggle ON to prevent the video from appearing on subscriber's timelines. The video will only appear in the Videos repository on your Facebook page for future use.
- Copy description: toggle ON to push video metadata (name and description) along with the video.
- Secret: toggle ON to make the video invisible and unsearchable on Facebook, but still able to be shared with permalink and embed codes.
- Schedule: determine when the video should be shared (immediately or at a later time and date)
- Click Push to Facebook
A confirmation message will be appear once the video has successfully been shared. This message will provide a link to the video on Facebook.
Keep in mind: there may be a slight delay before the video is available. Facebook will require a moment to encode the video for use in their native player. Once the encoding has completed, you may further edit the video in Facebook, including subtitles and captions, labels, and privacy.