With Vidyard’s integration for HubSpot CRM, Vidyard shares a detailed set of information about your contacts’ engagement with videos and forms directly with HubSpot.
You can then use viewer data from Vidyard to:
- Change the HubSpot score property on contact records
- Segment contacts in lists
- Enroll contacts in automated workflows
For example, you might set up an active list of contacts who have watched 80% or more of your website’s pricing video. Or, you could enroll contacts in a workflow whenever they convert on a Vidyard form that you’ve added to a video.
- You must have set up the Vidyard integration for HubSpot
- You must have permission in HubSpot to access Lists, create and edit Workflows, or edit property settings
Using Vidyard filters to set enrollment criteria
HubSpot makes viewer engagement data from Vidyard available to you in the form of filters. Filters are used to set up enrollment criteria for your workflows and lists, or to change the HubSpot Score property on contact records.
Primary Vidyard filters
There are 2 primary filters from Vidyard, each based on a specific "event" or interaction that viewers have had with your videos:
- Watched Vidyard Video ---> did the contact watch your video?
- Submitted Vidyard Form ---> did the contact convert on a Vidyard form that you’ve added to a video?
Secondary Vidyard filters
Once you’ve selected a primary "event" filter, you can use additional secondary filters to create more granular enrollment criteria. Vidyard makes available a wide set of data points in Hubspot, but here are some of the most useful:
- Player UUID: the 22-character ID associated with a video in Vidyard. This is the best way to target a specific video in your filter criteria.
- Video name: the name of the video in Vidyard. This is a useful value, but you may prefer the UUID because the name of the video can change at any time.
- Embed Url: the URL where the video is embedded. Use this to target activity on specific landing pages or websites.
- Occurred: the time and date when the event (i.e. the video view) happened. Use this to filter contacts based on a specific period of time (i.e. “is before” or “is after” 20/09/2020)
- Percentage watched: the amount of the video that the viewer watched (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%). For example, if percent watched is greater than or equal to 50%, the filter would segment contacts who have watched at least 50% of your video.
- Custom attributes: any custom metadata associated with the video in Vidyard (e.g. funnel stage, product type, campaign name, video production cost). Use this to filter based on criteria unique to your business.
How to find Vidyard filters in HubSpot
You’ll find both the Watched Vidyard Video and Submitted Vidyard Form filters whenever you set up enrolment criteria for your Workflows, Active Lists, or HubSpot Score property.
Review HubSpot’s documentation if you’re unsure about how to set up a new Workflow, List, or set up contact scoring criteria.
Here’s an example of setting up enrollment criteria for a Workflow:
- Select Workflows > Create workflow
- Start a contact-based workflow, then select Next
- Select Set enrollment triggers
- Select your primary "event" filter (either Watched Vidyard Video or Submitted Vidyard Form)
- Select secondary filters to further define your enrollment criteria (Player Uuid, Percentage watched, Embed Url, etc.)