Every video in your account is associated with a unique 22-character value called a UUID. This set of numbers and letters allows Vidyard to reference the right asset whenever it needs to load a video on a page, display the correct thumbnail, or attribute viewer data and analytics.
A video's UUID cannot be edited or changed.
You may need to locate the UUID if:
- you need help from Vidyard Support regarding an issue with a specific video (they may ask you for the UUID)
- you want to search for an exact video in your library
- you need to reference a specific video in your marketing automation triggers
- you want to use Vidyard's API to programmatically manage assets in your account
Find a video's UUID in your library
- Select a video from your library to open the edit page.
- Look in the page URL to locate the UUID
If you're part of Teams, Business or Enterprise account, you can also select Settings > About This Video to access the UUID.
Find the video UUID in an embed code
Copy a video embed code, then look for the data parameter in the
<img> tag called
Find the video UUID in a sharing page link
Copy the link to a video, then look for the UUID value following
/watch in the page URL: