You must belong to a Team with the Edit integrations permission enabled
This article explains how to set up and get started with Vidyard’s integration for HubSpot CRM.
Once connected, the integration makes it easy to add videos to your inbound marketing programs and track individual viewer engagement—directly inside HubSpot.
With the viewer data that Vidyard shares with HubSpot, you can then:
- ✅ Use video engagement to score leads and segment contacts into lists
- ✅ Enroll contacts into automated workflows based on their interaction with your videos
- ✅ Measure the impact of video in custom reports and revenue attribution
For more detail, learn about the integration’s features and requirements on our listing in the HubSpot App Marketplace.
Choose a folder(s) to set up the integration
You can set up the Vidyard for HubSpot integration in any folder where your user has access and permission to Edit integrations.
The folder (or branch of folders) where you choose to set up the integration affects:
- which videos you can capture viewing data for in your HubSpot contact records
- which videos you can access from your library when Vidyard's drag & drop module to author landing pages, websites in HubSpot
To get started, navigate to the folder where you want to connect Vidyard to HubSpot, then select Admin > Integrations from the main menu.
In the example below, you can see how the integration might be set up 2 different ways:
- a single folder: the "Pitches" folder does not contain any subfolders, so the integration only pertains to its videos
- multiple folders: both the "August Campaign" and "July Campaign" subfolders inherit the integration from the Marketing folder
Connect Vidyard to your HubSpot account
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- Select Admin > Integrations from the main menu
- If needed, select Change Folder to switch into the folder where you want to set up the integration
- Select +Add next to HubSpot
- Follow the prompts to sign in and authorize Vidyard to access your Hubspot account
- If you have more than 1 HubSpot portal, select the Portal that you want to connect with Vidyard
Optional: Allow Vidyard to create new contacts
When the integration matches the identity of a viewer with an existing record in HubSpot, Vidyard passes video activity to HubSpot to display on the contact’s timeline.
Optionally, you can also configure the integration so that a new contact is created whenever Vidyard identifies a viewer that does not have an existing record in HubSpot.
If a contact is created by Vidyard, HubSpot will indicate that the contact was "created from an Offline Source" by an integration.
- Open the menu next to HubSpot (the three dots), then select Update
- Toggle Allow Contact Creation to ON
- Select Update to finish
Ensure contacts created by Vidyard are marketable
In HubSpot, only "marketing contacts" can receive marketing emails and be targeted with ads. If you want to market to contacts created by Vidyard, make sure to turn on Marketing Contacts for Vidyard's connected app in HubSpot.
Once enabled, all newly created contacts from Vidyard will be created as marketing contacts.
- In your HubSpot account, select the settings icon ⚙️ in the main navigation bar
- From the side menu, select Integrations > Marketing Contacts
- Under the Your connected apps section, switch the toggle next to Vidyard to ON
Add HubSpot's tracking script to webpages with your videos
Vidyard’s integration with HubSpot works best when you add your HubSpot tracking script to the same web pages as your videos.
With both the tracking script and a video on the same page, Vidyard and HubSpot work together to identify viewers and track video engagement on your contact records in HubSpot.
Check out HubSpot’s documentation on how to find your tracking script and install it on your website.
- HubSpot’s tracking script is automatically included on HubSpot blog posts, landing pages and website pages
- If you have external pages with videos (i.e. pages not hosted by HubSpot), install the tracking script manually on those pages
- If you have Vidyard-hosted pages (e.g. branded sharing pages or video hubs), make sure to add the HubSpot tracking script to your sharing page(s) or your video hub(s) as well.
Once the page is set up with HubSpot’s tracking script, add your video to the page using an embed code. We recommend either the inline or lightbox embed option.
Viewer events on your Contacts’ Timelines
Whenever a viewer becomes identified, Vidyard posts a media play event to the corresponding contact’s activity timeline in HubSpot. A media play indicates what video the contact watched and for how long.
Vidyard also shares a form fill event whenever a contact converts on a Vidyard form that you’ve added to a video. The form must contain an email address as one of the submitted fields.
Make sure to enable Vidyard in your timeline activity filters to see media play and form fill events.
Viewer engagement data in HubSpot
Along with each media play and form fill event that appears on a contact’s activity timeline, Vidyard also shares a detailed set of viewer engagement data with HubSpot.
Viewer engagement data appear as 2 filters in HubSpot: Watched Vidyard Video and Submitted Vidyard Form. You can use these filters as criteria to:
- score leads, segment contacts into lists, and build workflows (learn how to use Vidyard data in HubSpot)
Watched Vidyard Video
Watched Vidyard Video contains a set of information associated with a contact’s video view, primarily what video was watched, for how long, and its embed location.
|The amount of the video that the viewer watched (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%)|
|The time and date when the video was watched|
Total seconds watched
|The total number of seconds the contact watched a video (includes seconds re-watched within the same browser session)|
|The name of the video|
|The name of the video player|
|The name of the folder in Vidyard where the video is located|
|Any custom metadata associated with the video (see our article on custom attributes for more information)|
|The URL where the video is located and the view occurred|
|The unique identifier associated with the video|
|The unique identifier associated with the video player|
Submitted Vidyard Form
Submitted Vidyard Form is a set of information about the video that contains the submitted Vidyard form, including its name and embed location.
|Player name||The name of the video player with the form|
|Group||The name of the folder in Vidyard where the video is located|
|Embed url||The URL where the video is located and the form fill occurred|
|Custom attributes||Any custom metadata associated with the video (see our article on custom attributes for more information)|
Congratulations on setting up Vidyard's integration for HubSpot! 🎉
Here's some great link to get started:
- Add Vidyard videos to your HubSpot landing pages, website and blog posts
- Use viewer engagement data in HubSpot to lead score, create lists and automated workflows
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Can I connect Vidyard to more than 1 HubSpot portal?
Yes. However, because of the way Vidyard syncs your video library to HubSpot, you can only connect Vidyard to a second Hubspot portal in a folder that does not overlap with the initial integration.
In other words, you can only set up a second connection with HubSpot in a folder that is the sibling to the folder with the initial integration. The 2 folders cannot have a parent/child relationship.
In the example below, you can see how both Connection #1 and Connection #2 exist in two distinct branches of an account's folder structure.
To connect Vidyard to a second HubSpot portal:
- Select Admin > Integrations from the main menu
- Click on Change Folder to switch into a folder not affected by the first integration
- Select Add next to HubSpot to connect Vidyard to a separate portal
Media Play and Form Fill events not showing up in Contact Records?
Not seeing video views show up on your Contact Records in HubSpot? Here’s a quick checklist to ensure all the moving pieces line up correctly:
- Make sure the video that is being watched belongs to a folder where Vidyard is connected to HubSpot
- If you have more than 1 HubSpot portal, make sure you're looking in the portal that's connected to Vidyard
- Make sure the page where the video is embedded uses your HubSpot portal’s tracking script. If the viewer has been assigned a HubSpot cookie in the past, the script allows Vidyard to look up the email address of the existing contact and pass video view data to their record.
- Make sure the Vidyard filter is enabled when looking at your contact’s activity timeline in HubSpot
How to upgrade to the new Media Bridge version of the HubSpot integration
As of September 2021, we've recently updated our integration to take advantage of HubSpot’s new Media Bridge APIs.
The Media Bridge version of Vidyard’s integration adds the following additional capabilities:
- Drag & drop videos from your Vidyard library onto HubSpot landing pages and websites
- Use video engagement data in HubSpot custom reports and revenue attribution
If you have an existing integration set up, you’ll need to re-authenticate the connection with HubSpot to update the integration.
- Select Admin > Integrations from the main menu
- if needed, select Change Folder to switch into the correct folder where the integration is set up
- Next to HubSpot, click on Reconnect HubSpot to sign in and authenticate to your HubSpot portal
Once upgraded, we'll automatically sync the applicable folders and videos from Vidyard to your HubSpot portal so that you can easily add videos to marketing assets with our drag & drop module.
Note: the user permissions that control access to folders and videos in Vidyard do not carry over to HubSpot. All synced videos are available to anyone in HubSpot who has permission to edit Landing Pages and Websites.
If you have set up the integration in the parent folder of your Vidyard account (top-level folder), videos from your users' personal folders will sync to HubSpot as well.