Vidyard for Oracle Eloqua equips you with the tools you need to generate and qualify more leads with video.
- Segment and better target your prospects based on their video view behavior
- Score more qualified leads with video view activities
There are two easy steps to setting up Vidyard for Oracle Eloqua:
- Step 1: Set up a Custom Object for Vidyard within your Oracle Eloqua account
- Step 2: Install the Vidyard for Oracle Eloqua app
If you've purchased the Vidyard for Oracle Eloqua without the Custom Object, skip to Step 2.
- The Oracle Eloqua account being used to set up the integration must be a member of both the Advanced Users - Marketing and API Users security groups.
Step 1: Set up a Custom Object within Oracle Eloqua
- Log into your Oracle Eloqua account.
- From the Contacts menu, click Custom Object.
- Under Custom Object, click New Custom Object.
- Set the Custom Object to the following:
Display Name: vidyard_video
Entity Type: Contacts
Entity Field: Email Address
- Click Next.
- Select the newly created vidyard_video custom object
- In the custom object details to the right, click Custom Object > Custom Object Record Fields
- A pop-up window will appear. Select Custom Object Record Fields > Add New Field
- Individually enter the fields as indicated in the chart below.
Data Type Field Name Description Text UUID The ID to assigned to a unique view in Oracle Eloqua Text Video Name Name of the video watched Number (NOT NUMERIC) Video Attention Span The total number of seconds an individual has watched a video Number (NOT NUMERIC) Percentage Viewed The unique percentage of a video that an individual has viewed Text Email Address The viewer's email address Text Player Name Name of the player from which the view occurred Text Group Name Vidyard group to which the player belongs Text Embed Url The player embed location from which the view originated Text Custom Attributes Any custom attributes that have been added to the player that was watched Date Date The date and time of the player load (given in UTC) Text Video Id ID of the video that was watched Text Player Uuid UUID of the player that was watched
- After all the fields are created, click Next.
- In Custom Object Details, configure the following settings:
Display Name Field: Video Name
Unique Code Field: UUID
Email Address Field: Email Address
Group By Field: (none)
Step 2: Install the Vidyard for Oracle Eloqua app
Note: If you receive an error which interrupts your installation anywhere along this process, find the Vidyard for Oracle Eloqua app within My Apps in your AppCloud Catalogue. Then use the trashcan icon to delete the app, and start this process again. (Although it's tempting, don't click Reinstall, just delete and start again).
Sign in to your Vidyard account, and ensure you are inside the either the parent folder, or the subfolder you'd like to integrate with Eloqua
- If you are unsure how to achieve this, take a look at our article on navigating between folders.
- Open Eloqua, and from the Vidyard for Oracle Eloqua Cloud Marketplace listing, click Get App.
- Log into your Oracle Eloqua Account if prompted.
- Click Accept and Install on the App install page.
- Click Connect to Eloqua.
- Click Accept.
- Click Finish Installing Vidyard.
Optional: Add your first-party tracking domain to Vidyard players
By default, visitors to Eloqua-tracked webpages are assigned a third-party
eloqua.com cookie that tracks their interaction with your content. The
eloqua.com cookie is known as a third-party cookie because it was created on a domain that is different from the page where the cookie was requested.
Oracle Eloqua provides you with the option to enable first-party cookie tracking. This means that visitors to your page are assigned an Eloqua cookie created from your domain, rather than from
Web browsers tend to block first-party cookies less frequently and generally allow you to track visitors to your webpage more successfully than cookies generated from third-party domains.
What does this mean for your integration with Vidyard? With the Vidyard for Oracle Eloqua integration, the Eloqua tracking script is automatically added to the embed code on Vidyard players.
If you've set up first-party cookie tracking with Oracle Eloqua, it is important that the domain name associated with your tracking cookies is also used by the Vidyard player embed code.
- From the main menu, select Admin > Integrations
- Open the dropdown menu (three dots) next to Eloqua, then select Update
- Enter the domain name of your webpage
vidyard.com(this would also influence any subdomains, such as knowledge.vidyard.com)
- Select Update to finish
Optional: Allowlist Vidyard traffic to Oracle Eloqua
Your company may restrict access to Oracle Eloqua through use of an IP address allowlist. Any user who attempts to sign in from a computer with an IP address not included in the allowlist will be prevented access.
IP allowlists also extend to traffic from third-party applications that interact with Oracle Eloqua. If necessary, add the following IP addresses to your Oracle Eloqua IP allowlist so that the Vidyard integration may successfully perform API requests: