Users must have the View Insights Dashboard permission enabled
Review video performance across your account from a single dashboard 📈
After publishing and sharing videos with your audience(s), you can analyze their performance by looking at the Insights Dashboard in Vidyard.
The Insights Dashboard contains a series of graphs with digestible analytics to help you make actionable decisions around your use of video. Each graph offers a different view of video performance, viewer engagement, and demographic information (e.g. view locations, geography, and viewer devices).
Open the Insights Dashboard
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- From the main menu, select Insights > Insights Dashboard
How to filter your video data
There are a number of ways to filter and change your "view" of the video data in the Insights Dashboard: you can change folders, your date range, and filter to a specific video.
- Use the Change Folder button to switch into a different folder in your account. Your current folder dictates what group of videos' data you're looking at.
- For example, the top-level parent folder allows you to see video analytics for the entire account. Changing into a different folder allows you to focus on analytics for a specific group(s) of videos.
- Use the Date Range menu to select a time frame (7/30/90 days, last year, or lifetime).
- Use the search bar at the top of the page to filter the dashboard to a specific video. Filtering to a specific video shows different graphs.
Types of video insights
Each widget on the Insights Dashboard offers a high-level overview of different video metrics, allowing you to analyze how your content is performing.
Some widgets, like the Viewer Retention graph, only appear when filtered to a specific video.
- Use View Funnel to measure how well visitors convert across key video metrics (from video loads > views> to viewers becoming identified)
- Use Average Percentage Watched to understand the average viewer attention span across your video(s)
- Use the Top Videos widget to identify your highest value videos in terms of views, time watched, and attention span
- Use Action Engagement to understand the effectiveness of your CTAs
- Use the Device/Browser Usage, View Location, and Geographic Location widgets to understand where and how your viewers are watching
- Use Viewer Retention to understand what percentage of your viewers continue to watch at specific moments throughout a video
- Use User Performance to review how team members are performing with video
To expand a widget and access the full data set, click on See More.
Terms & Definitions
See the table below for an expanded definition of key terms associated with each graph in the Insights Dashboard:
|View Funnel||Video Loads||Amount of times the video was loaded onto a page|
|Total Views||Number of views (including repeats) by all viewers|
Number of singular viewers that generated views
*If someone watches a video twice, you would see 2 total views, and 1 unique viewer
|Identified Viewers||Number of viewers you've identified in Vidyard (through email gates, MAP forms, etc.)|
Average Percentage Watched
|Avg. Watch Time||The average amount of time viewers have watched a video (hh:mm:ss)|
|Avg. % Watched||Average percentage watched by video viewers|
|Action Engagement||Action Loads||Number of times an Action was loaded on the video|
|Action Clicks||Number of times viewers converted on a call-to-action (CTA)|
|Clickthrough Rate||Percentage of viewers that clicked on an Action after it was loaded on the video|
|View Locations||Additional Locations||Indicates domains where views occurred that could not be identified (e.g. a local host)|
|User Performance||Videos Created||Number of videos a user has uploaded or recorded within the selected date range|
Frequently asked questions
How often does data update in the Insights Dashboard?
The Insights Dashboard processes up-to-date data about your videos each night (~24 hours). Keep this in mind if you notice a discrepancy with other reporting sources.
Hover over the info icon ℹ️ to see when the dashboard was last updated.
Why do I see an "unknown video" in my Top Videos?
If you delete a video in Vidyard, its data will no longer be available. When this occurs, the video appears as "unknown" in the Insights Dashboard. There is no method in the platform to identify a video with unknown status, unless the deletion is reverted.