You can share videos to your YouTube channel directly from the Vidyard library.
When you share to your channel, Vidyard directly uploads the video to your account so that it plays natively within YouTube. You'll find the video alongside the rest of the content in your channel's library.
Videos that you share to YouTube also sync with their counterpart in Vidyard. Changes made in Vidyard to the video title, thumbnail, description, tags and captions automatically update on the video in YouTube as well.
Connect a YouTube account to Vidyard to get started.
- Vidyard Free and Pro accounts
- Users with the permission to Push videos to YouTube in a Starter, Plus or Enterprise account
Share a video to YouTube
Select a video from your library to share to a connected YouTube account. Sharing playlists to YouTube is not supported.
- Select the Share button next to a video in your library
- Click on the YouTube icon
- Select the account that you want to share to and adjust any of the following settings:
- Change the video category to help potential viewers find your video on YouTube
- Choose a privacy setting to adjust where on YouTube your video appears and who can find it
- Click on Share Now to finish
Schedule your video to share later
Users that belong to a Vidyard account on the Starter, Plus or Enterprise plan also have the option to schedule when a video is shared to their YouTube channel.
- After you've selected a channel, category, and privacy setting for your video, click on Schedule for Later
- Select a time and date
- Note: this cannot be changed after the fact. Review the scheduled time and date before you submit.
- Select Schedule to finish
Video syncing between Vidyard and YouTube
When you share a video to your channel in YouTube, the video syncs with its original counterpart in Vidyard. Changes made in Vidyard to the video title, thumbnail, description, tags, or captions will automatically update in YouTube as well.
This means that you can manage a majority of the changes to your videos directly from Vidyard. No need to make the same update in more than one location.
Some video attributes, like captions (known as subtitles in YouTube), sync in both directions.
Note: the sync between videos is fairly quick, but it can take up to several minutes for an attribute to update.
|Video attribute||Direction of sync|
|Title, thumbnail, description, tags||
One direction: Vidyard to YouTube
Bi-directional: changes made to captions in either Vidyard or YouTube will update the video in both platforms.
View notifications for videos shared to YouTube
When you share a video to your channel, Vidyard uploads the file directly to YouTube so that it can take advantage of YouTube's built-in video player and related features.
As a result, you will not receive view notifications or emails from Vidyard when someone watches your video on YouTube.
With select product plans, Vidyard does collect the number of views that your shared videos receive on YouTube. You can find video views from YouTube alongside the rest of your video analytics in Vidyard.