The Vidyard for Salesforce integration relies upon an OAuth connection to maintain the sync between the two applications. On occasion, it may be necessary to re-authorize the connection should the token associated with the integration become invalid.
If a token does become invalid, a prompt will appear at the top of the screen the next time you sign in to Vidyard.
Re-sync the connection with Salesforce
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Admin > Integrations
- Select Salesforce, then click on Remove to disconnect the integration
- Click Confirm to continue
- Click on Connect a Salesforce Account
- You will redirected to a Salesforce sign in page. Enter the credentials of the Salesforce account that you want to connect.When complete, a green success message will appear. The OrgID for your Salesforce account will be listed under the Salesforce integration in Vidyard.
Update your Refresh Token Policy in Salesforce
To prevent the Vidyard integration token from becoming invalid in the future, you can update the Refresh Token Policy for the Vidyard app in Salesforce.
The Refresh Token Policy determines whether Salesforce users can continue to use an OAuth-enabled app without having to reauthorize whenever the access token expires.
You can set the the Refresh Token Policy so that the token is used indefinitely, unless revoked by the user or a Salesforce admin.
Learn more about Connected App behavior in Salesforce
- Sign in to Salesforce and select Setup
- Navigate to Apps > Apps Manager
- Next to the Vidyard application, select Manage
- Click on Edit Policies, then next to the Refresh Token Policy select Refresh token is valid until revoked
- Click Save