Sometimes when recording a video you need to pause and gather your thoughts, recover from a hiccup, or simply start over from the beginning.
Here's how you can use the recording controls to pause, resume, and restart an active recording.
When recording from the browser extension (Chrome or Edge)
So long as you have the recording controls enabled in your Chrome extension preferences, you'll find the controls either in the bottom right-hand corner or bottom center of your screen (depending on whether you use Screen or Camera mode to record).
Note: with the browser extension, you can also use keyboard shortcuts to pause, resume, restart or cancel an active recording.
- Select the pause button (⏸) to pause/resume the recording
- Click on the Restart button (far, right-hand side) to either restart or cancel the session and discard the recording entirely.
When recording from your video library
Whenever you create a new video from your library, you'll find the controls to pause, resume and restart in the center of screen when you begin an active recording.
- Select the pause or play button (⏸/▶️) to pause or resume the recording
- Click on the Restart button (far, right-hand option) to start the recording again from the beginning. If you are recording your screen, you will be re-prompted to select which screen, window or tab you want to record.
- If you want to cancel the recording session entirely, select Cancel when the new countdown begins