You've sent a video to a prospect or customer and they watch all of the content. Congratulations, that's a great achievement! But, after watching the video, what action are you expecting them to take next?
In the video you have likely mentioned a suggested action, perhaps the website to watch a demo or asked them to respond via email to set up a meeting. Both of these take effort on your recipients behalf, perhaps with them ending up misspelling URLs or simply putting it off for a while - slowing down the sales process.
Providing your recipients with a number of actionable options that you've decided on and are easy to perform straight away, should be part of every video that gets sent.
In this article we will explore some examples of what can be effective default Actions that appear at the end of your videos.
- A Vidyard package allowing for Custom in-video Actions
Option 1 - Three Panel
This is a clean and simple '3 option' Action that can be configured to either direct the viewer to your website, open a calendar link (such as Calendly or Hubspot) or replay the video. The colors can be adjusted to match your branding.
Option 2a - Video background with identity and one action
A video background will catch the eye of the viewer when the content finishes. Laid on top is the sender's name, role, department and company details.
The CTA button can be customized to perform any type of action you would like. This could be to open a calendar for booking a meeting, visiting a website, watching a demo etc.
You will need a video background already on your website or hosted separately on a fixed URL so that can be linked in the HTML code. The logo is also editable.
Option 2b/c/d - Image/plain background with identity and one action
If you do not have a video to use as a background, the next best thing is a great static image or plain background.
Everything else customized in the same way as the video background.
Option 3 - Business card
Perhaps the most visually appealing is a business card option. If you already host images of your team, you can create these with custom links for each representative. These may require some help from our Services team to set up correctly, but instructions are provided within the code.
1. Go to Actions
2. Click New Action
3. Choose Fullscreen and press Create
4. Give your Action a name. Then navigate to the HTML tab.
5. Using an option from the below list, copy the HTML from CodePen and paste into the HTML box in Vidyard, remove everything that was previously there. (Note: code is provided for instructional purposes only).
- Option 1 - Three Panel
- Option 2a - Video Background with identity and one action
- Option 2b - Background image with identity and one action
- Option 2c - White background with identity and one action
- Option 2d - Black background with identity and one action
- Option 3 - Business Card
6. Make the necessary code adjustments to match your organizations requirements.
6. Click Save and Assign.
7. Toggle Default Action to ON and press POST.
6. Click Save
Your new custom Action will now show at the end of every video!