You can use single sign on (SSO) with Vidyard to simplify the sign-in process and allow users to access their account with the same credentials they use every day. This article is written specifically for use with Azure, but you can use any Identity Provider (IdP) to manage user provisioning in Vidyard.
Create an SSO Profile in Vidyard
- Follow the steps to create an SSO profile in Vidyard.
- Obtain the ACS URL, which you will need to use in your app in Azure (see below).
- Download the Certificate (Base 64) from Azure under SAML Signing Certificate.
- Paste this into the Public X.509 Certificate field in Vidyard.
- Copy the Login URL from your Azure app.
- Paste it into the SAML Endpoint URL field in Vidyard.
SAML Settings in Azure
https://auth.vidyard.comin the Identifier (Entity ID) field in Azure.
Enter the ACS URL from your SSO profile in Vidyard in the Reply URL field in Azure.
- Leave the Sign On URL field blank.
- Leave the Relay State field blank.
- Leave the Logout URL field blank.
Assign users to a team
You will need to assign users to the appropriate team by adding a custom attribute called vyTeam. You can learn more about this in our general article about SSO for user management, and use these instructions to set this up in Azure.
However, in Azure, you may find that you are unable to add a custom attribute, so you might need to configure this a bit differently.
- You may be able to do this by setting up a custom policy based on these instructions from Microsoft.
For example, you can set up vyTeam with multiple conditions, and assign members of one group to have the value "User" and members of another group to have the value "Admin".